Liquids On The Plane?

meme

My bf is coming to see me in Korea, on Thai airways. He wants to bring some sangsom for some of his friends here. he doesn't check his luggage, so can he bring in on the plane? I know last time we flew internationally to Canada there was no liquids allowed on the plane but then I cant remember when I flew from BKK to Korea last Sept if they were checking or not.

My bf is coming to see me in Korea, on Thai airways. He wants to bring some sangsom for some of his friends here. he doesn't check his luggage, so can he bring in on the plane? I know last time we flew internationally to Canada there was no liquids allowed on the plane but then I cant remember when I flew from BKK to Korea last Sept if they were checking or not.

:D

The best thing to do is to have him check with Thai Airways before he travels as to the regulations. or go on to their internet page and see what carry-on baggage rules are posted there.

To add: There are new carry-on baggage rules for all EU airports that went into effect on 6 November. The amount of carry-on items and especially liquids is going to be changed. You will be required to carry all liquids in clear plastic containers. I believe the amount of any container is limited to 100 ml (not sure, but that is how I remember it). Before you travel to any EU destination, be sure to find out the new carry-on regulations, as if you don't you may not be able to take those liquids you brought in out as carry-on baggage. You can still check liquids in as checked baggage (at least for now.)

:o

Speechless... :o

Anyway. I just arrived today in Paris CDG 2 from BKK : it was total chaos at passport+security controls (X ray machines for hand lugages) in the main hall ! It wasn't a queue anymore...

And at the security controls for transit passengers too.

Unless it was a "strike" of security personel, it must be an effect of the new regulations...

Somebody confirms in other european airports ?

:D

The best thing to do is to have him check with Thai Airways before he travels as to the regulations. or go on to their internet page and see what carry-on baggage rules are posted there.

To add: There are new carry-on baggage rules for all EU airports that went into effect on 6 November. The amount of carry-on items and especially liquids is going to be changed. You will be required to carry all liquids in clear plastic containers. I believe the amount of any container is limited to 100 ml (not sure, but that is how I remember it). Before you travel to any EU destination, be sure to find out the new carry-on regulations, as if you don't you may not be able to take those liquids you brought in out as carry-on baggage. You can still check liquids in as checked baggage (at least for now.)

:o

I recently travelled BKK to the UK via Istanbul. I phoned Thai and Turkish who both said nothing was permitted in the cabin except documents. No liquids of any sort. Having packed accordingly I get to the airport to find, guess what? Business as usual. I was about the only twerp with a clear plastic bag with a ticket and passport in it.

Anyway. I just arrived today in Paris CDG 2 from BKK : it was total chaos at passport+security controls (X ray machines for hand lugages) in the main hall ! It wasn't a queue anymore...

And at the security controls for transit passengers too.

Unless it was a "strike" of security personel, it must be an effect of the new regulations...

Somebody confirms in other european airports ?

Yo, arrived at Frankfurt from BKK early this morning, very heavy queues and delays going through security. Was carrying a bottle of beer (no problem at BKK) which I had to dispose of PDQ, and also had two cans of food in my backpack which I'd forgotten about which got me hauled over. They let me keep them but "next time put them in your hold baggage, OK?". Missed a connection I would have made under "normal" circumstances (plane coming in was late, giving me 30 minutes to get to the next gate - took me that long to get to the X-Ray machine, I'd have missed the flight even if I hadn't been carrying anything).

<deleted> "war" on terrorism. Anyone know who's winning?

Great video. Have been working at an airport in America for the last 4 years I wish they showed that video to all the passengers before they got to security so that way they would stop asking stupid questions such as "why do we have to go through this?" If people saw what this does than maybe they would pull there heads out of there a$$es. People forget that there is no room for error at 20 to 30,000 feet, you cant just pull over to the side of the road. I read an article,( i'll see if I can find it) about how the terrorists can make a liquid eplosive look like any drink or fluid, color, carbonate and all, put it in a bottle, baffle the bottle and put the real liquid in the top to take a sip of and no one would be able to tell at all.

To answear the terrorist are winning because they dont have to worry about rules. They only have to blow up one plane to win because that creates doubt.