90 day due today leaving June 05 report or not?

My friend's 90 day report is due today May 30 but he is leaving the country on June 05. He thinks he needs to make the report. I told him I don't think you need to with the 7 day grace period but I'm not 100% sure. So I'm asking here.

Edited by Pakaty

The 7 days is only to do the report. Leaving the country is not equal to doing a report.

He could leave without a problem but if they notice that he did not do it before leaving he could be fined for not doing it when he does the report 90 days after entering the country.

• Like 1

• He will have no problem leaving without reporting.

The missed report may be noticed the next time he does a 90 day report, but as he is leaving within the 7 days allowed to report late it is highly unlikely that he will be fined in the future.

I don't understand why some peope always try to overgo the rules... to save some time?

They might save some hours of their so precious time but if they get catched they will lose a lot more!

Believe me: do all due reports on time, even if you leave the country on the next day. No one knows what could happen and delay your depart... and if it happens it's always more costly (time, money and nervs) than a report on time.

• Like 2

My friend's 90 day report is due today May 30 but he is leaving the country on June 05.

If he's leaving the country permanently, it won't be a problem at the airport.

If he's on an extension of stay or on a still valid non-imm O-A, for example, and he will be returning to the country, when he next needs to do anything at the immigration office where he does the 90 day report, it's quite possible the skipped report will be noticed and he will be fined.

The grace period for doing the report doesn't mean that he's excused from doing the report if he's been in the country for 90 days.

Edited by Suradit69