Paying A Cheque Into Your Bank

I have a long standing savings bank Account with the Bangkok Bank In Pattaya,

but on a recent visit out of the chonburi area, I went into a Large Bangkok Bank in another province,

to pay in a cheque ( from a large company ..BUPA ) , the bank told me that I could not pay in the cheque

into my account at that branch, it can only be paid in at the branch where my bank account is held

( Pattaya) does this seem correct, I would have thought if you had your bank book with you and some ID you could pay

in money into your account any where in Thailand ...?

Thanks ............. Mumbo

I have a long standing savings bank Account with the Bangkok Bank In Pattaya,

but on a recent visit out of the chonburi area, I went into a Large Bangkok Bank in another province,

to pay in a cheque ( from a large company ..BUPA ) , the bank told me that I could not pay in the cheque

into my account at that branch, it can only be paid in at the branch where my bank account is held

( Pattaya) does this seem correct, I would have thought if you had your bank book with you and some ID you could pay

in money into your account any where in Thailand ...?

Thanks ............. Mumbo

Just today, my wife got the check from our previous place (the deposit) and her bank said the funds will be available on Tuesday next week. Something like 3 biz days if not less. Bangkok Bank.