Real Price Of Condos In Bkk

25K per square meter is about right for pure construction costs today, excluding professional fees, land acquistion costs and the developer's profit!

Good luck trying to find one that doesn't include any of the above. Your best bet would be a > 15 year old condo in Nakorn Nowhere.

Nice to hear from someone who came to Thailand to take pictures of temples and ride elephants.

For them, I am really talking nonsenses.

Truly, prices in LOS are outrageous. Not compare to Moscow, of couse ( 4-5.000$ /meter), but please look at the actual market. The quality is lousy, no any authority to actually value the property and so...

You're very right, T_T_M

[

For what it's worth - I'd say Grade A is really worth around 40,000 B sq M and a good Grade B around 30,000. No more. But that's my view..and of course you will have your own. At the end of the day I don;t care..I tried to buy, got shot down by the bank at the last minute (post-coup) and reckon it's a blessing in disguise. I'm out of the market now for at least a year - maybe longer.

Property is worth exactly what the market is prepared to pay for it...no more, no less.

To put a price per Sq. m for a condo in Bkk without taking location into account is pointless.

As with any city in the world, location, loction, location is the main price factor for valuing property. New "A" grade condo's in prime locations in Bkk are going for at LEAST double the price you qouted above. For example I paid 64,000 B sq M at the new "Trendy" development at Nana. 400 odd units and all sold out. I could sell now for a profit and the development will not be complete for 3 more months.

Hi end quality units in prime locations in Bkk is booming and showing no signs of slowing. This year alone this segment has grown over 10% and don't forget nearly 10% increase in the value of the baht. Choose well, do your homework and Bkk is a good place to invest. Not many cities in the world can offer 5-10% return on your property investment. Just don't forget to factor in your tax liabilities (business visa's etc.)

Property is worth exactly what the market is prepared to pay for it...no more, no less.

To put a price per Sq. m for a condo in Bkk without taking location into account is pointless.

As with any city in the world, location, loction, location is the main price factor for valuing property. New "A" grade condo's in prime locations in Bkk are going for at LEAST double the price you qouted above. For example I paid 64,000 B sq M at the new "Trendy" development at Nana. 400 odd units and all sold out. I could sell now for a profit and the development will not be complete for 3 more months.

Hi end quality units in prime locations in Bkk is booming and showing no signs of slowing. This year alone this segment has grown over 10% and don't forget nearly 10% increase in the value of the baht. Choose well, do your homework and Bkk is a good place to invest. Not many cities in the world can offer 5-10% return on your property investment. Just don't forget to factor in your tax liabilities (business visa's etc.)

Yet another march through the fluff.

"As with any city in the world, location, loction, location is the main price factor for valuing property."

By that criteria, anywhere in BKK is not "the location" in any terms. It's the biggest village in the world. One of the least livable places.

Not that I would never buy a property there.

Guru...

Bangkok just with its population base and georaphy will always be a happening place for develoment, the good and bad just goes in cycles.

Sure, Guru...and stray dogs at your doorstep will help...when you show your family where you have chosen to live.

Some people thinking like me, like Donald Trump...when he could not dislodge the people living in one of his properties at Manhattan, he (his staff) let the street urchins and bums inhabit the place.

All the tennants were gone without any lawsuit.

That could be an equivalent to the stray dogs all around the place in BKK.

Edited by think_too_mut

By that criteria, anywhere in BKK is not "the location" in any terms. It's the biggest village in the world. One of the least livable places.

Not that I would never buy a property there.

Man, TTM, what is up with this? There is no doubt you cannot survive in a developing country, but why the bitterness? :o

TH

TTM seems rather disenchanted with the real estate market in Thailand for whatever reason, and that has resulted in unreasonable/illogical assumtions/conclusions.... aka rubbish (and a lot of it - an entire threadful of rubbish responses indicating an entire lack of knowledge re: real estate).

Sure, Guru...and stray dogs at your doorstep will help...when you show your family where you have chosen to live.

Some people thinking like me, like Donald Trump...when he could not dislodge the people living in one of his properties at Manhattan, he (his staff) let the street urchins and bums inhabit the place.

All the tennants were gone without any lawsuit.

That could be an equivalent to the stray dogs all around the place in BKK.

Dirty...yes stray dogs are dirty and they are easier to control in Bangkok than manhattan tennants. Simply roll up some mince meat with nice little candies in the middle and they show their appreciation by moving onto the next neighbourhood.

Like I said, Bangkok will always be happening, lots of people made money in the good times, are still now again, some also made money in the bad times, Bangkok is considered by all to be the hot spot for real estate, even more than Phuket as Bangkok is the capital and has the poulation that will just keep on developing.

Anyway, I know a Guru who gives me all my worldy advice, even swimming lessons.

How comes?

People considering Thailand as their next place stress low cost of living.

Everything is cheap - except the property. Their own. That has to be expensive and more expensive. Sad, it is not. It's unsellable.

I understands the realtors, that's cool.

But others...

Maybe my post has re-inigted their own internal battles about why did they burn their money into something worth nothing.

If they portrayed themselves as deal makers to their families and friends, some may have stumbled over this thread and may question their sanity.

Just don't disperse the pack of stray dogs around your door when someone visits your palace.

That would be cheating.

How comes?

Everything is cheap - except the property. Their own. That has to be expensive and more expensive. Sad, it is not. It's unsellable.

But others...

Maybe my post has re-inigted their own internal battles about why did they burn their money into something worth nothing.

If they portrayed themselves as deal makers to their families and friends, some may have stumbled over this thread and may question their sanity.

Just don't disperse the pack of stray dogs around your door when someone visits your palace.

That would be cheating.

To be honest TTM, this thread seem more about you than others. Are you getting some pressure from the wife to buy somethng in Thailand?

I would certainly agree that buying for investment in Thailand is high risk, some people do it and other fail. But to buy something to live in (now or later) is ok if you are commited to staying in Thailand (now or later). Some how I don't think you fit that profile. I could see you buying something small to give you a place to stay during your vists, unless you just plan to stay upcountry.

TH

To be honest TTM, this thread seem more about you than others. Are you getting some pressure from the wife to buy somethng in Thailand?

I would certainly agree that buying for investment in Thailand is high risk, some people do it and other fail. But to buy something to live in (now or later) is ok if you are commited to staying in Thailand (now or later). Some how I don't think you fit that profile. I could see you buying something small to give you a place to stay during your vists, unless you just plan to stay upcountry.

TH

I never contested what you are saying - for a live in, price is not most important. Whatever it cost (in Thailand) I can afford it.

To invest - I am of the same opinion as you. Just recently, the country waltzed into the hug of a military junta and people who make decissions carry guns and have never been elected.

Regardless of politics, I am not under pressure to buy, quite opposite - to get the family out of there.

Prior to that I will get a pad near some University easy to rent out or use if needed. As you and me live on similar money packages, you would know that 2-3 months cash salary would buy something like that.

What bugs me is pumping up about the prices where people who came to live in Thailand for low cost of everything baulked at me when I said accommodation has to be in line with that too. Some were even proud to say that properties prices are deservedly high and even hoped for further growth.

From the news, that 4000 apartments are being built around Bang Na to attract Suvanabhumi staff at 25K baht sqm, hel_l broke loose.

Nobody denied the fact, published on this site in the news section.

The most oponents could say was "irrelevant, not central" as the labor and the bricks were more expensive in the city. (land is but not that much to jack up the prices 10-fold).

Unless you go to Royal Palace and to see Emerald Buddha daily, what makes Bang Na les central than central Bangkok, whatever it is? That strip Nana Plaze -Soi Cowboy that does not (or I don't know where it is) exist in Bang Na?

Shopping malls are there, even world'd biggest (Seacon Square). "Central" Bangkok residents have to travel to Bang Na Central to have their passports issued/renewed. Now it even has an airport.

It is not Nakhon Nowhere to totally disregard property prices there. It shows 25k sqm is possible, and somebody will make money off it too.

Edited by think_too_mut

How comes?

But others...

That would be cheating.

TTM....if you buy cheap property anywhere in Thailand there is only one way it is going to go...down.

Sounds like you bought a cheap room somewhere and you are still bitter about it. Get over yourself son. Plenty of people are doing OK in the property market in Thailand, obviously you are not one of them.

How comes?

But others...

That would be cheating.

TTM....if you buy cheap property anywhere in Thailand there is only one way it is going to go...down.

Sounds like you bought a cheap room somewhere and you are still bitter about it. Get over yourself son. Plenty of people are doing OK in the property market in Thailand, obviously you are not one of them.

No, I haven't bought any property. As I posted somewhere, at the place we wanted to buy we decided to rent for a year and see how the building turns out when the developer goes away and leaves it with the body corporate. The pool, which was the main reason to go there, is ice cold and useless. The interest on that same money is same as rent and we can pack up and go elsewhere at any time.