Multi Entry Non O Visa

Can anyone update me on how and where I can get the above.

I'm on a METV at the moment. I live in Chiang Mai with my Thai wife and our daughter.

I was under the impression that you can only get the O Visa from your own Country (UK) but I've been told that it can be obtained from Penang and Savannakhet.

Could you please confirm what the requirements are from either consulate.

Many Thanks

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

You will need to show 400k baht in the bank if you go to Penang.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card when you apply.

• Like 1

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card when you apply.

WHAT about based on a child ?

Is that possible?

WHAT about based on a child ?

Is that possible?

You can get the non-o based upon being the parent of a Thai if you have your family with you when you apply to demonstrate you are living together as a family (de facto marriage).

In Penang it can be obtained if you have the money in the bank.

Probably a silly question, but can a visa agent in Chiang Mai do this on my behalf or do I have to apply in person?

Probably a silly question, but can a visa agent in Chiang Mai do this on my behalf or do I have to apply in person?

You must apply in person.

• Like 1

It is very straightforward to get a multiple entry non 'O' from Savannakhet, Laos.

• Original marriage certificate plus signed copy.
  • Signed copies of wife's ID and Tabien Baan.
  • Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page.
  • 2 x photos.
  • Application form Savannakhet .pdf
  • 5,000 baht.

Also, in case you're not aware, you can extend any of your METV entries by 60 days (1,900 baht) at your local immigration office on the basis of visiting your wife.

• Like 1

It is very straightforward to get a multiple entry non 'O' from Savannakhet, Laos.

• 2 x photos.
  • 5,000 baht.

Also, in case you're not aware, you can extend any of your METV entries by 60 days (1,900 baht) at your local immigration office on the basis of visiting your wife.

My visa expires on 5th July, if I go to Mae Sai on the 4th I'll then get another 60 days?

That will then take me up to beginning of September and then I'll be able to extend by 60 days at immigration?

The reason I ask is that my daughter will be in School till the holidays in October and I don't particularly want to take her out of school.

If the above is correct then we may go to Hong Kong for a holiday, do the Hong Kong Embassy/Consulate issue a Multi Entry Non O Visa?

Many thanks for all the replies so far.

• 2 x photos.
  • 5,000 baht.

My visa expires on 5th July, if I go to Mae Sai on the 4th I'll then get another 60 days?

That will then take me up to beginning of September and then I'll be able to extend by 60 days at immigration?

The reason I ask is that my daughter will be in School till the holidays in October and I don't particularly want to take her out of school.

If the above is correct then we may go to Hong Kong for a holiday, do the Hong Kong Embassy/Consulate issue a Multi Entry Non O Visa?

Many thanks for all the replies so far.

You will get a 60 day entry as long as you do it on or before the enter before date on your visa.

You could then extend that entry for 60 days.

I have seen no recent reports of Hong Kong doing a multiple entry non-o.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 2

You dont have to wait until day before. You can do your extension of stay within 30 days of permission to stay expiration date. You dont lose any of your extension days; they extend from the original permission expiration date.

• Like 1