Passenger van ends up in ditch as unfriendly cat and mouse game plays out on "friendship highway"

rooster59

Passenger van ends up in ditch as unfriendly cat and mouse game plays out on "friendship highway"

post-247607-0-90357900-1465018210_thumb.

Image: Daily News

UDON THANI: Udon police have arrested a truck driver after a dangerous game of cat and mouse developed on the highway between a passenger van and his 18 wheeler.

The arrest resulted from a case where footage was posted online from a dash cam in the van. The van ended up in the central reservation but luckily no one of the 14 passengers and driver was injured.

Both drivers blamed each other for cutting them up but it was the truck driver who told police that he drove in a threatening way to warn the van driver not to do it again.

Truck driver Narot Ketsoongnern, 37, of Udon had driven off on his way to Laos after the accident that occurred on the "friendship" highway between Nong Khai and Udon in Phen district. He was arrested on his return from making a delivery in Laos.

He told police that the van had cut him up nearly causing him to collide with another vehicle. In anger he had gone after the van driving his trailer close to the van to warn the driver not to cut people up again. But the van driver would not give way and a second time he brought his vehicle close to the van it actually hit the side door causing the van to lose control and end up in the central reservation.

Van owner Pitiphat Phithaksapyakorn, 61, said he was told by his driver Den Singharn, 39, that it was the trailer that cut him up first before a slanging match developed between the two drivers. The van driver said the dash cam evidence showed the truck deliberately went into him causing the accident.

Narot was detained as inquiries continue.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-04

Is the expression "cut me up" in common usage in Thailand ?

Not surprising but I thought "cut me off" should be the correct term.

One could become confused after an incident involving a machete and road rage as well.

The term "he cut me up" could hardly be used by the victim if he was already in pieces. whistling.gif

One could become confused after an incident involving a machete and road rage as well.

The term "he cut me up" could hardly be used by the victim if he was already in pieces. whistling.gif

'cut me up' is the English term to discribe someone driving like a w-anchor

The truck driver should have just let it go, but the vans that come up here on the visa runs drive terrible. They pass into traffic and cut others off all of the time. The police shouldn't rely on just the camera, they should interview passengers.

Big loss of face going on here, I would not be surprised if the truck driver tried to kill the van and all its passengers.

You hit the nail.

Attempted murder, not just a show event.

He intentionally pushed the van off the road.

If unlucky the van would have crashed onto the opposite lane.

Monkeyhouse for such a "truck driver".

Another horrifying example of what mentally disturbed hools are on the roads here. blink.pngblink.png

The video, the first threatening at -2:40 and then bumping off the road at -2:15.

The truck driver keeps to the far left "inviting" the van to pass and then have the chance to bump it off the road.

https://www.facebook.com/RDNewsCH3/videos/1562057500762393/

Edited by KhunBENQ

Big loss of face going on here, I would not be surprised if the truck driver tried to kill the van and all its passengers.

You hit the nail.

Another horrifying example of what mentally disturbed hools are on the roads here. blink.pngblink.png

The video, the first threatening at -2:40 and then bumping off the road at -2:15.

The truck driver keeps to the far left "inviting" the van to pass and then have the chance to bump it off the road.

Holy shit.

The truck driver has the van "shot from the road" with full intent.

What an a...hole.

Such psychopaths must be withdrawn from the roads forever.

The mental development of a 3 year old.

And he is allowed to drive a heavy truck?

Incredible.

UDON THANI: Udon police have arrested a truck driver after a dangerous game of cat and mouse developed on the highway between a passenger van and his 18 wheeler.

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to Udon Thani.

Edited by lostinisaan

You hit the nail.

Holy shit.

What an a...hole.

Incredible.

Back in the old days, almost all truck drivers used jabba. But even now, there're plenty of them who're on that stuff to stay awake.

You're damn right, this guy should never ever drive a vehicle on four wheels.

You hit the nail.

Holy shit.

What an a...hole.

Incredible.

Then you have to remove 50% of the drivers here, try to provoke one of the big trucks and you will end up dead or severely injured. Because he will come after you , no mercy.

15 in a van ????

Some of these vans are big and comfortable enough for 16 passengers. We once made a school trip from Sisaket to Chiang Mai and Pitsanulok.

I think it was a "commuter", guess a Toyota van.

Of course can't you carry a lot of luggage....facepalm.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

You hit the nail.

Holy shit.

What an a...hole.

Incredible.

Back in the old days, almost all truck drivers used jabba. But even now, there're plenty of them who're on that stuff to stay awake.

You're damn right, this guy should never ever drive a vehicle on four wheels.

Is that jabba the hutt ? :)

No, it is just a bad translation.

ตัดหน้า dtat naa is how they say it = cut in front. It could also mean "cut face" but not in this example.

Similar in English, someone "cuts you off", no machete and you are not actually cut.

It would be good if OPs on Thaivisa corrected errors before posting them. It cant be that hard. Maths seems to confuse them also.

No, "he cut me up" is perfectly correct in English English. It means he swerved in front of me or drove like a tosser in some other that inconvenienced me on the road.

ตัดหน้า dtat naa is how they say it = cut in front. It could also mean "cut face" but not in this example.

Similar in English, someone "cuts you off", no machete and you are not actually cut.

It would be good if OPs on Thaivisa corrected errors before posting them. It cant be that hard. Maths seems to confuse them also.

No. It is a good translation. He 'cut me up' is the correct english term in common usage in the UK.

So, the van driver thought he would just show that big guy, who was the toughest! Maybe he forgot he had passengers!

...consequences...what are they?...there is no deterrent factor here at all...a minimal fine ..they just don't care what they do to other road users..as long as they come out on top..they just smile and walk away...even the fools gathered around the truck can do nothing but smirk, grin and giggle...like a bunch of kindergarten school children...role models..education..they have no idea...when they only regard traffic rules as guidelines...says it all...no neurons firing at all...should be restricted to ox-carts only.

A post containing Thai language has been removed. English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

So, the van driver thought he would just show that big guy, who was the toughest! Maybe he forgot he had passengers!

...consequences...what are they?...there is no deterrent factor here at all...a minimal fine ..they just don't care what they do to other road users..as long as they come out on top..they just smile and walk away...even the fools gathered around the truck can do nothing but smirk, grin and giggle...like a bunch of kindergarten school children...role models..education..they have no idea...when they only regard traffic rules as guidelines...says it all...no neurons firing at all...should be restricted to ox-carts only.

Look here - https://web.facebook.com/RDNewsCH3/videos/1562057500762393/?_rdr

Do not know what happened before that Video or if there was something happening before, but the TRUCK deliberately pushed the VAN from the road!!! blink.png

No. It is a good translation. He 'cut me up' is the correct english term in common usage in the UK.

Ok fair enough. I thought the same as xerostar, "cut up" would involve being cut with some sort of blade.

In Oz we say "cut off" when driving.

Never heard that before but thanks for the English lesson.