TTT Broadband cable installation in remote villages.

Linesy

Without any prior notice to the locals some workers turned up last week and started installing cables to the concrete electricity poles in our village. The village is located between Buriam & Krasang and about 8km from the main road so a long way to run a cable, I will get out on the bike later to trace it back.

If this isn't just some random installation it maybe good news to others who desperately want the internet but thought it would never happen in their remote location. I for one never expected it here and installed TOT Winet a while back.

Anyone have any experience with TTT, their website claims an UP TO 12mb download for 590 a month, how achievable that is over long distances is another matter.

Edited by Linesy

Update: The ISP is 3BB and it is just the cabling etc that has TTT written on it. I have already seen plenty on here concerning 3BB so there is no rush to respond this time! This post is only really relevant to those in remote locations wanting internet but I guess they are not on the internet to view this.

3BB VDSL Package offered: 20/4 @ 590/632 Baht and 50/10 @ 700/749 Baht.

I live near there, closer to Krasang then Buriram.

But here Adsl or Fiber is NOT available and also no idea when, so their installation is very localised.

We now have ToT WiNet which is internet based on wireless technology with a receiver tower in your garden.

Edited by MJCM

I live near there, closer to Krasang then Buriram.

But here Adsl or Fiber is NOT available and also no idea when, so their installation is very localised.

We now have ToT WiNet which is internet based on wireless technology with a receiver tower in your garden.

I guess I got lucky but you never know it might turn up because I never expected here either. Like you I have got TOT Winet in my case fixed to a pole on top of a concrete pylon. I will probably move to 3BB for the claimed faster speeds and also not worry as much when there is lightning in the area.

Anyone know the termination notice period for TOT Winet?

Edited by Linesy

^ Normally after finishing your contract period (which is 1 year) just give them 1 months notice.

If canceling before the year is out, you have to pay them the remainder of the year.

Edit: Lightning can also come into your house via ADSL / VDSL. Just when there is Lightning around unplug your modems / routers.

Edited by MJCM

Agreed, it was more about bringing the lightning strike closer to the house than the safety of the kit. I see there are a few threads about 3BB VDSL on here and not all are positive.

I might hold off and wait for someone else in the village to try it and then check it out. Especially as TOT Winet has been performing well. I'm on the 10/0.5 package and Ookla readings of 10.5/1 consistently with sub 10ms pings to Thailand servers.

Edited by Linesy

I am also happy with WiNet.

In the (just over) 1 year, I have it installed I only had 4 major outages (outages that lasted more then 1 day) with the longest being 5 days. And that outage was a really strange one, internet was working for 45 min and then off for 45 min and back on again for 45 min etc etc. After numerous phone calls to their call centre and finally convincing them it was their fault it was fixed.

Edited by MJCM