Pannarai Hotel - Udon

rocketboybkk

So, I know the hotel is near a few bars etc.

How about the rooms & breakfast

Is the pool as it looks in the pics?

If not, what the best pool hotel in Udon. Pool is important as we like to sit in the day & swim.

Stayed at other hotels & pool was absolutely rubbish sorry to say

Your reviews will be appreciated

Budget is not a concern, room, bathroom, pool, location

Budget 1,2,3,4,5k bt as long as it's nice for 4 nights

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Pannerai a lot. Good location. I found the breakfast to be great. There was a thread here not long ago that disparaged it, but that was not my experience.

The pool is clean and in use year-round. It is not a "swim laps" kind of pool. More of the kind that kids like for splashing around and for lounging. It is conveniently located near food services, etc.

Altho drinks can be had, there is no specific bar area at the hotel.

The hotel is spotless and has a friendly staff. Lots of places to eat nearby. All in all, I rate the Pannerai highly.

My favorite in Udon. Kavin Buri Green Hotel. Great location. Great roof top pool & bar. Good size & modern rooms. Off street parking. Staff speak English.

Cheers..... Mal.

The wife and I stayed at the Pannarai a few weeks back while on a two day shopping trip to Udon Thani and both feel it is one of the better hotels in town. As mentioned, it is very clean, and the staff is both polite and professional. We did not have time for the pool, but it did look clean and comfortable. Excellent location next to Central Plaza, very good breakfast buffet and close to many good restaurants.

Cheers!

If budget is not an issue Centara is a better hotel, which is obviously reflected in price and "stars" and a better pool area.

Pannerai is a perfectly adequate hotel, clean and comfortable enough, the pool is ok, though the area is smaller than it looks on photographs.

If you enjoy a typical 3 star Thai breakfast consisting off processed foods and cold eggs breakfast will be ok for you, personally & doubtless I will get slated for my opinion! I eat there once and never again, not for me.

@ CGW,

As I am sure you are aware, experiences can vary as dependent on the time one visits a hotel...

"If budget is not an issue Centara is a better hotel, which is obviously reflected in price and "stars" and a better pool area."

The Pannarai and Centara UT have very similar pricing, and as with most hotels, key factors in the price being the time of booking and percentage of occupancy. We have stayed at both in Udon Thani, and the Pannarai was a bit more expensive than the Centara when we booked.

"the pool is ok, though the area is smaller than it looks on photographs."
Most if not all pictures of hotel properties are taken with wide angle lenses that inherently increase the perceived size of the given subject, and yes the pool area is smaller than the professional pictures of the same.

"If you enjoy a typical 3 star Thai breakfast consisting off processed foods and cold eggs breakfast will be ok for you"

Our breakfast at the Pannarai included freshly prepared offerings and we felt it was generally good for the type of venue. Timing is often key here, and I typically have low expectations for a Western style breakfast as it is not really part of the Thai culture. That being said, on occasion, I have had a few exceptional hotel breakfasts.

It does seem that the smaller venues often have a much better breakfast than the larger corporate type hotels. For me, I often have a mixture of both Western and Thai foods for breakfast (omelet, boiled rice, bread, stir-fried vegetables/seafood, etc...), with my Thai wife also enjoying the same.

No 'slating' you here, just relating our experience, and let the OP decide. :)

I think the Pannarai Hotel is great. Clean, great breakfast - by the way you can have fresh eggs cooked for you and there is a cook just outside to do the omelettes. I did stay at the Kavin Buri last time - big mistake, didn't like it at all, breakfast was infested with ants etc, also a long power cut which made it too hot to sleep, never again. Back to the Pannerai, and yes the pool is a bit small but OK.

I think the Pannarai is the best hotel in the area. The Centara is good but now very dated with a gloomy outlook through its uncleanable room windows. For a full English breakfast in any of the hotels, you will probably be out of luck but right next to the Pannarai is the Irish clock where a full English (with air-con) is always available. Lots of bars and restaurants would be within a few minutes walk and I fell the high standards and location would not disappoint.

Edited by billphillips

I think the Pannarai is the best hotel in the area. The Centara is good but now very dated with a gloomy outlook through its uncleanable room windows. For a full English breakfast in any of the hotels, you will probably be out of luck but right next to the Pannarai is the Irish clock where a full English (with air-con) is always available. Lots of bars and restaurants would be within a few minutes walk and I fell the high standards and location would not disappoint.

. Irish Clock has been going downhill, it needs New Management...imho, love your input, Bill

^^ Agree about the breakfast, there was no way I was going to eat breakfast at Pannerai when I could walk next door and get a very good quality breakfast for little money smile.png

I have done the same when staying at the Centera as the breakfast there IMHO wai.gif is only marginally better than the Pannerai.

Edited by CGW

My favorite in Udon. Kavin Buri Green Hotel. Great location. Great roof top pool & bar. Good size & modern rooms. Off street parking. Staff speak English.

Cheers..... Mal.

Spot on, roof top bar , fantastic .clap2.gifclap2.gif

above the traffic pollution , which is a big problem in Udon.

However , most of the Udonites / CCs, could not afford to wipe their feet , on the welcome matt .

Nuff said coffee1.gif

Cheers..... Mal.

Spot on, roof top bar , fantastic .clap2.gifclap2.gif

above the traffic pollution , which is a big problem in Udon.

However , most of the Udonites / CCs, could not afford to wipe their feet , on the welcome matt .

Nuff said coffee1.gif

Cheap enough less than 1500 Baht a room laugh.png

Cheers..... Mal.

Cheap enough less than 1500 Baht a room laugh.png

it,s a steal , only 1400 bht a niite , one week under ten thousands,bht per week a gift for CC,s IMHO.

Not forgetting, Jim included , unfotunately , she too old for my mate , welcome to my world . 555

Edited by elliss