Things to do with my family in Bangkok

timphenderson

Hi everyone,

I am coming to Bangkok in a couple of weeks with my wife and two kids (10 and 12 years old).

We will be in Bangkok for around 4 days and are looking for fun things to do in and around Bangkok, aside from visiting the temples and going to shopping malls.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

• Dinosaur planet is probably a good bet for kids of that age, it's only going to keep them occupied for an hour or so but it's good for some photos, the raptor part is fun.

• There's a water park on the roof of Central City Bangna

• There's a Snow Zone place on the top floor of ekkamai Gateway next to the BTS

• 4D cinema at paragon is quite cool if there's a good 3D movie on.

• Indoor surfing and bodyboarding http://flowhousebangkok.com/

• Lazer tag http://www.lazgam.com/home.html

• Go karting http://easykart.net/bangkok-rca

• If your kids are into science or space there's the science museum and planetarium 5 minutes walk from Ekamai BTS

• There's ice skating at a lot of the malls

Hopefully that should give you a few options!

Edited by TheRascal

Dinosaur Park has just opened. Great for kids but need to go early as it gets hot.

Escape Break at Sala Daeng BTS just opened as well. We got a flyer as we walked past yesterday during the walking street. My two kids loved it.

Dream World – has a whole day package including (Thai) lunch buffet and pick-up by minibus at Bangkok Hotel. Last we was there (a few years ago) it was 1,200 bat each. I think we paid an extra fee for access to Snow Town, which is bigger than the Snow Zone in BKK. You can book everything on the Internet directly from Dream World; they also gladly help with other excursions.

TheRascal's proposals above are good; I use to go 4DX cinema with my daughter in Siam Paragon; there's only one 4DX-cinema, having a show starting about every 2nd hour; but also an iMax cinema there. On top-floor (same level as cinemas) is also a newly opened Madame Tussaud vax museum, and in the basement a big aquarium. Together with the extended variety of almost all thinkable kind food marts and restaurants, you can spend most of a day, or a full day, in Siam Paragon – wife may love to let you take the kids round to the attractions, while you let her borrow the plastic card(s) and walk by her own...rolleyes.gif

I read that Bangkok Planetarium should re-open in January (2016), which I think is a possibility for our next Bangkok trip, article here.

smile.png

Edited by khunPer

Dinosaur Park has just opened. Great for kids but need to go early as it gets hot.

Escape Break at Sala Daeng BTS just opened as well. We got a flyer as we walked past yesterday during the walking street. My two kids loved it.

Could you tell me how much it costs please? I mean the dinosaur park.

Edited by Deserted

loads of nice parks to go sit eat lunch, play on pedlos, feed fish and kids can play on the playground rides. Check out Paradise park and lumpini

Another great and not expensive day out - Dussit Zoo

Trips to the beach are only 2 hours away, i suggest Jomtien or Sattahip a bit farther but cleaner.

Nong nuch gardens down that way is worth a day out too

Also a massive new waterpark down pattaya way

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone again,

Just finished our holiday and want to thank everyone for their suggestions again.

The Dinosaur Park and Ocean World were good days out for both us and the kids. We were going to go to Dusit Zoo but it rained so we went to Escape Break instead, which turned out to be loads of fun that also required us to use our brains.

Thanks.

Hello everyone again,

Just finished our holiday and want to thank everyone for their suggestions again.

The Dinosaur Park and Ocean World were good days out for both us and the kids. We were going to go to Dusit Zoo but it rained so we went to Escape Break instead, which turned out to be loads of fun that also required us to use our brains.

Thanks.

Nice of you to follow up and give feedback...too few think to do that.

Could you tell me how much it costs please? I mean the dinosaur park.

Dinosaur Park on Sukhumvit was 600 Baht to get in, it might be a little less for children but I am not sure as we paid full prices even for a 15 year old. The Dinosaur Eye (Wheel thing) was extra but I can not remember how much. It was an ok visit but one of the attractions was not working when we went and then there was a fire on the wheel a few week after so I am not sure if that is working now...but check when you are there