What's your favourite Protein Powder?

Shiver

The doc is saying that my serum Albumin is on the low side, and suggested 6 egg whites a day as a supplement to normal dietary intake. I did an internet search to see if I could find it in powder form (I recall many years ago back in the days when I was a gym goer that a USA company made an egg white based product, but can't remember the name, and think it was liquid anyhow making it less than ideal for shipping costs). I've found 'egg milk' locally, but the amount of total proteins is pitifully small for the price, and the label detail doesn't break down the amounts of the major proteins in it (I think a carton was about 89baht and didn't look to be much more than 1/2 litre - taste was 'okay' enough to knock back several of those per day, but I don't think it would really make much impact).

I just read an article saying that eating general proteins encourages the liver to increase Albumin serum levels. My liver is not in the best shape at the moment (but stable, and all other organs appear to be tip top shape, so no kidney issues or anything like that to be concerned about re proteins), but the idea of a few flavours of powders appeals to me if it would help.

Again back in my gym days I was always trying various brands of whey or whey/casein to find something palatable. I bought a sack full once of basic unflavoured powder from a milk supplier (25kg I think) and it was disgusting - literally couldn't give it away. One of my favourites was BioTest, and there was another that was addictively good tasting vanilla but very hard to find (and I don't recall the name).

So I'm interested in opinions of those that use protein powders to supplement their diet. The availability (preferably somewhere in Thailand that will do mail order), reasonable price (I don't mind spending a little more if the quality is deserving of the extra cost), flavour/variety would be nice too, if only to make it not so much of a chore and start gagging at the thought after a couple of weeks.

Suggestions very much appreciated.

Try Arnold Iron Whey from iHerb. Cheap, tasty and free shipping. Just don't exceed the weight and price limits. Google their website for complete information.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. My favorite is the double rich chocolate. It's a good price, good quality, tastes great. I drink it with water, use it in smoothies (banana, protein and peanut butter) or chocolate protein cookies.

Edited by Mich28