Lost Departure card.

I'm on an extension based on retirement. I left Thailand for 12 days during the Songkran period. When I returned the passport/immigration officer took ages to process me. Now I have noticed although I filled in and submitted an arrival card I cant find the depart side of it. Is it possible it was not returned to me? My passport was stamped with my new arrival date. Because this is the first time I had arrived with my new non o visa and and retirement status I am unclear if I need the departure card. If I do, and I don't have it, is it a major problem? Its the first time in over 30 visits that I have lost my departure slip. Any insights, advice or suggestion would be gratefully accepted.

Last time I departed Thailand at the Aran/Poi Pet border I never had a departure card,I filled one out at the immigration counter.

Although my previous one wasn't lost it was retained by immigration a Suvarnabhumi airport as I was denied departing the country.

Edited by stoneyboy

A lost or misplaced departure card is not that big a problem. You can get a replacement at immigration (some offices may want a police report) or on your next departure from the country.

• Like 1

I have a spare one which I can fill i here with me to submit at the airport as I will be leaving before my 90 day renewal. I would hope not to have a problem but I was trying to rationalise where it had gone and wondered if my new status/visa did not require the departure card and thus it had been retained at PP control.

Edited by alofthailand

<snip>

Although my previous one wasn't lost it was retained by immigration a Suvarnabhumi airport as I was denied departing the country.

May I ask why you were denied departing ?

Last time I departed Thailand at the Aran/Poi Pet border I never had a departure card,I filled one out at the immigration counter.

You were denied departing the country - could you clarify? You mean you were detained?

I was denied departing the country because my ex girlfriend the mother our daughter wouldn't give permission for her to travel and I didn't have any paperwork in place from the Amphur.

Thai immigration called her on the telephone.

It was a costly mistake on my part but her mother was being very uncooperative during our separation even though we had mutually agreed that it was in our daughters best interest to come and live with me in the UK.

Edited by stoneyboy

I was denied departing the country because my ex girlfriend the mother our daughter wouldn't give permission for her to travel and I didn't have any paperwork in place from the Amphur.

It was a costly mistake on my part but her mother was being very uncooperative during our separation even though we had mutually agreed that it was in our daughters best interest to come and live with me in the UK.

So you just left through the Cambodian Border thumbsup.gif (just joking biggrin.png )

So you just left through the Cambodian Border thumbsup.gif (just joking biggrin.png )

In essence yes although her mother crossed with us as well to ensure it all went smoothly.

• Like 1

So if the reason you were denied departure had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the subject of the post (a lost departure card), why mention it?

So if the reason you were denied departure had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the subject of the post (a lost departure card), why mention it?

Because to emphasise that it is not a big deal and you can get one on your next departure out of the country

You should read Stoneyboy's post properly to understand why he mentioned it.

To say he crossed the border without the card without giving a reason would IMO, have been more confusing.

He was asked by two separate posters to clarify as well, hence the reference.

So if a tourist on a 30 day "visa exempt" status loses his Departure Card,

can he simply fill out a new card at the airport, or he must go to an Immigration office?

Just do it at the airport. They will give you a new one when you check in for your flight.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who's noticed that the immigration officers at the airport don't staple the departure card to the passport's relevant page anymore?

At least that's what has happened at my last two arrivals in Suwa. I've almost lost the arrival card once, so now I staple it myself (last time I asked a counter clerk to do it for me at my bank when exchanging my euros).

Is this a cost-saving measure? tongue.png

• Like 1

Am I the only one who's noticed that the immigration officers at the airport don't staple the departure card to the passport's relevant page anymore?

At least that's what has happened at my last two arrivals in Suwa. I've almost lost the arrival card once, so now I staple it myself (last time I asked a counter clerk to do it for me at my bank when exchanging my euros).

Is this a cost-saving measure? tongue.png

I think that is how I lost my arrival/departure card

As the experts have mentioned replacing departure card not big problem. I personally have started taking a cell snap each time I fly into los. I realize that will not serve as a departure card but I think it has info (number) that helps immigration to replace. Not sure about that

As the experts have mentioned replacing departure card not big problem. I personally have started taking a cell snap each time I fly into los. I realize that will not serve as a departure card but I think it has info (number) that helps immigration to replace. Not sure about that

I too photo important docs including bank cards but in this instance as I didn't I am inclined to think I left it at the Passport desk or lost it in the airport. I'm not going to immigration to get one. I always carry spares to fill out on the plane but the spare will not have the immigration stamp and date on, which is however, of course stamped in my passport.

Yes - I've also noticed the staple shortage at immigration - I now staple it in myself to avoid losing the place in the passport with the corresponding stamp.

But I've also had the departure half of the form go missing when getting a visa at an embassy (along with my passport cover .... my fault for leaving it on I guess) ..... I just filled out a new one at the airport using the departure half of the slips they have at the check-in counter, and the Immigration chap looked a bit confused as there was no stamp on the new one, but after checking the stamp in my passport he just stamped the replacement departure card and waved me through.