Marriage extension home visit

I recently applied for my 1st marriage extension and immigration called my wife today to make an appointment for tomorrow. During the phone call the IO said that we would have to pay them money for fuel. I'm pretty sure this is nothing more than tea money but was wondering if anyone else has come across this?

I recently applied for my 1st marriage extension and immigration called my wife today to make an appointment for tomorrow. During the phone call the IO said that we would have to pay them money for fuel. I'm pretty sure this is nothing more than tea money but was wondering if anyone else has come across this?

Tell them you will accompany them to the service station and gladly have the attendant put 40b worth of fuel in their motorcycle.

Or better yet go and purchase one of those bottles filled with gas from the mom and pop shops and give it to them as they depart.

• Like 2

OK so it is a scam, just give them100 baht for fuel, job done away they go.

Why make waves, no reason to upset them.

Play their little game then they go away happy, and leave you alone.

One thing to remember is that government officials are sent to do these visits, and do not get paid for fuel, it has to be paid from their own pocket.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 1

OK so it is a scam, just give them100 baht for fuel, job done away they go.

Why make waves, no reason to upset them.

Play their little game then they go away happy, and leave you alone.

One thing to remember is that government officials are sent to do these visits, and do not get paid for fuel, it has to be paid from their own pocket.

You do see the logical fallacy presented in your final sentence, don't you?

If they would come to my house I would pay it, but my house is a 125 KM trip from the Immigration Office, and I don't think they come on a Motocycle whistling.gif

Edited by MJCM

It's a catch 22 situation. Pay up and no problems, don't pay and then problems with the extension???

care to try ? Agreed 100% with your feelings. wai.gif

Question. Are you by any chance living in Buriram Province ?

Edited by MJCM

3 home visit, 2 in Nonthaburi they do it every year.

This year here in Bang Saen, they told me, they come every year all so.

Never pay as they told me, They get gas money and some additional money when out and control us.

You seem to of been living in the wrong places. The majority of offices only do a home visit for the first extension and some have you bring witnesses instead of doing the home visit.

I have done 8 extensions based upon marriage and have never had a home visit. For the first extension we took letters from the local police to immigration after the application was accepted.

• Like 1

3 home visit, 2 in Nonthaburi they do it every year.

This year here in Bang Saen, they told me, they come every year all so.

Never pay as they told me, They get gas money and some additional money when out and control us.

You seem to of been living in the wrong places. The majority of offices only do a home visit for the first extension and some have you bring witnesses instead of doing the home visit.

I have done 8 extensions based upon marriage and have never had a home visit. For the first extension we took letters from the local police to immigration after the application was accepted.

At Nonthaburi it is home visits every year, and when Immigration come, you need to find 2 witnesses to come and talk to the Immigration.

Picture of the witnesses ID-Card, The use 1 A4 paper per witnesses for questions, and 2-3 A4 for the wife and me. Asking where and how we meet, how long together, About wife family and so on.

Take pictures of us in all the rooms, outside door, outside condo tower, This one have one of the Immigration office in the pictures.

Even so we give them 6 picture that have all that, plus copy of the 6 pictures.

Bang Saen (Si Racha Immigration) you bring 2 witnesses to the Immigration office with you when apply for a 1 year Married-Extension, Then they come for a home visits.

Here this part is very easy, 1 picture in front of our house with the Immigration office, That it, take maybe 1 min total.

Beside the chit chat about every thing else then Married-Extension.

But all in all, It is okay, It is only once a year, So i don´t really mind it, And it is my option now...

A few more years before i can use Retirement-Extension. And i think i am going to change when time come, Si Racha Immigration told me very easy to change to Retirement-Extension, Less paper work, change reason to stay from Married to Retirement that it.

So that good news.

Nonthaburi Immigration have told me i need to leave Thailand to get a new NoN O Visa before i can get Retirement-Extension.

Well time is going to show me if it is easy or not to change here at Si Racha Immigration.