Chiang Mai University’s researcher makes medical breakthrough in fighting cancer

webfact

Chiang Mai University’s researcher makes medical breakthrough in fighting cancer

211_CMU-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Thai team of doctors at Chiang Mai University has made a significant medical breakthrough in fighting cancer after he discovered black sesame seeds have properties that could stave off cancer cells, and promote brain cell regeneration.

This discovery was said to be the first of its kind in the world.

According to Dr Prachya Kongthaweelert, deputy associate professor of the Thailand Excellence Center for Tissue Engineering and Stem Cells at the Chiang Mai University, and head of the team, black sesame seeds are rather innocuous in appearance but researchers have found that they contain extremely beneficial properties.

He said it was discovered that “Sesamin” extracted from black sesame contains properties that hinder cancer cell growth as well as stimulate antibodies in the human body to fight cancer.

In relating the discovery of the benefits of black sesame, he stated that researchers all over the world have been experimenting with Sesamin but this is the first time that it has been directly injected into one week old actively developing cancer cells.

What is normally found in cancerous cells is the abnormal development of blood vessels, he said.

But after having injected Sesamin into them, the researchers discovered the secret of how it fights cancer cells.

He said what was excited initially was that the team found that when Sesamin was injected into the cells, there were clear differences in growth.

Cancer cells were significantly reduced because Sesamin prevents the development of blood vessels. The development of blood vessels has been found to be stimulated by excretions from the cancerous cells themselves, he said.

He further explained that as cancer cells grow, they stimulate the development of new blood vessels to feed them.

Furthermore, these blood vessels also help to spread cancer cells to other parts of the body.

But Sesamin has properties that hinder the development of these new blood cells which in effect denies them food for growth and prevents them from spreading. Eventually, they become atrophic and die, he explained.

He said Sesamin directly hinders the development of new blood cells which denies the cancerous cells their food. Denied nutrients, they atrophy and die.

Besides, the team also found that Sesamin also promotes antibody production in the human body which will then attack cancer cells as well. These are mutually beneficial attributes that directly help to fight cancer, he said.

He said patents for the medical breakthrough have been filed and received for the research both in Thailand and internationally.

This also includes the future commercial production of Sesamin from black sesame seeds.

One added benefit of black sesame that has also been discovered in the research is that it helps promote brain cell regeneration and this is backed by evidence of patients who have improved brain functions after consuming Sesamin extracts.

Dr Prachya said his team are extremely proud of their work as it helps heal cancer patients and allow them have a better life.

He thus recommends the regular consumption of sesame seeds but advises that the seeds must be crushed and cooked first to yield the best results.

He however cautions against consuming more than 4 table spoons a day as it could lead to stomach upsets or diarrhea.

At yesterday’s press conference, the doctor also showed a caner patient who has fully recovered after being treated with Sesamin.

The 21 year old woman was diagnosed with Lymphoma 2 years ago and she had underwent chemotherapy to kill the cancerous cells but the procedure is fraught with many bad side effects.

Chemotherapy sessions are also expensive and later she began taking Sesamin extracts as well and she has found that it helped her body fight the cancer cells and helped speed up her body’s recovery. She has now fully recovered.

“I rarely see chemo patients that are as fortunate as me that are given the chance to have a normal life again. I cannot say what the outcome would be if I had not taken the extract but what I can say is after taking it I am better,” she recalled.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/166307

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-07

Are you guys absolutely sure?

Have you done tests on hundreds of volunteers?

Have you done thousands of tests on lab rats?

Or are you simply basing your results on the recovery of a single cancer patient?

Yes one case means nothing cases of complete remission are not that rare. Know an Israeli here who swears drinking a mushroom tea from china cured advanced lung cancer, maybe ought to let CM uni know?

"A Thai team of doctors at Chiang Mai University has made a significant medical breakthrough in fighting cancer..."

No mention of the research or experimental model. No mention of a control group. This is nothing more than a subjective observation and has no research validity at this point.

However, the sale of black sesame seeds should sky rocket very soon. Probably at the same rate as the increase of new cancer patient admissions.

According to Dr Prachya Kongthaweelert, deputy associate professor of the Thailand Excellence Center for Tissue Engineering and Stem Cells at the Chiang Mai University, and head of the team, black sesame seeds are rather innocuous in appearance but researchers have found that they contain extremely beneficial properties.

I've been telling the missus for years that burgers are good for you, just wait until I show her this. Cheers Dr Prachya.

" A large coke, large french fries and a double cheeseburger, please, what? Yes, I'll go extra large for 20 baht more."

"Mmmm, I'm fighting cancer, I am."

post-145516-14652794416914_thumb.jpg

Thai (Chang Mai) University, where a PhD. student can take a subject known, tested and documented long time ago (outside Thailand) for their thesis. All they have to do is just doing the exact same tests done before and conclude that it works the same way in Thailand as it does in the rest of the world... So far I have read 6 different thesis from CMU that are basically just remakes of already published thesis/studies (some over 20 years old) and one that was a pure copy, they had just changed the names on the first pages and in the abstract...

About rainmaking: that's cloud seeding. The King of Thailand was granted a European patent 2005 about cloud seeding/rainmaking but the principle was discovered by Vincent Schaefer in 1946 in US... not at CMU.

"Patents for the medical breakthrough have been filed and received for the research both in Thailand and internationally.
This also includes the future commercial production of Sesamin from black sesame seeds'.

Show me.

Are you sure they are not funded by any sesame seed producing corporation like it goes in most western countries who get funded by the pharmaceutical companies and make the results as they want it?

Simply refuse Chemo and avoid sugar and you're half way back to health already.

Great to see that clever usage of google in Thailand is regarded to as "medical breakthrough"... If this is so, I am a medical and life hack breakthrough superhero. coffee1.gif

"He however cautions against consuming more than 4 table spoons a day as it could lead to stomach upsets or diarrhea" ... so get cured of cancer but die of the galloping trots!

Been known about for years, why do they have to embarrass the country with these claims?

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/seed-and-nut/sesame-seeds.html

That page is mostly BS, as are most 'food X fights cancer!' claims.

Certain foods indeed have anti-cancer properties, however it takes more than that to reverse cancers. Be interested to see how you alone know that there are no foods with anti-cancer properties, in light of there being plenty of honest research and case studies to the contrary.

That aside sesame seeds like many other natural sources with anti-cancer properties don't receive much press as even when Big Pharma does research them, if a patented version can't be produced the research gets buried. The research 30 odd years ago by Upjohn on olive leaves and their potent anti-viral effects is just one good example.

Chemo is a multi-billion industry (read that as hugely profitable), inflicts misery on patients and families, cures almost no one, and yet is rarely ever questioned in the media, now why is that do you suppose? All those donations to the various cancer research and cancer societies are a complete waste of money, apart from from there being no magic pill to what is (usually) a systemic disease, the bureaucracies of those charities chew up most of the money. How many years have good-hearted people been donating their hard earned money, its criminal.

This has been known for at least 5 or 6 years in the west and there's plenty of testing and documentation online for them to look over. Which is exactly what they've done. Otherwise they've simply wasted everyone's time and money performing experiments and making conclusions that have been done previously.

Yeah, ok. So a patient that was undergoing chemo took extracts as well and has miraculously recovered from her cancer,, so must be the sesame seed extract.

I would not trust a single thing that comes out of a Thai lab. They cannot even effectively manage DNA evidence from criminal trials so how on earth are they going to suddenly become global leaders in cancer treatment when thousands of highly funded labs all over the world have been fighting this for years.

Archived