Teachers across Thailand trained to publicize draft charter

webfact

Control is always the name of the govt game and especially in current times.

Start young and who better to spread the official, acceptable and only permitted version of anything than teachers ?

Quite right. Teachers have always been in the vanguard of propagandising populations. Especially if they are loyal, I'll-bite-your-leg-if-you-dont-agree-with-me nationalists.

"Show me the child until 7 years old, and I'll show you the man" saith the Jesuits. Can't get much more propagandising than the Catholic church. Except maybe the Protestant, Muslim, Sikh, Hindu and Buddhist churches. Shinto might be better, though it's more shamanistic than the major religions. At least on the surface - you can't get much more animistic than the Hindu-flavoured Buddhism they like in Thailand. If the Buddha's still around, he's likely spinning in his grave or rolling in the aisles.

Winnie.

Edited by Winniedapu

Control is always the name of the govt game and especially in current times.

Start young and who better to spread the official, acceptable and only permitted version of anything than teachers ?

Quite right. Teachers have always been in the vanguard of propagandising populations. Especially if they are loyal, I'll-bite-your-leg-if-you-dont-agree-with-me nationalists.

"Show me the child until 7 years old, and I'll show you the man" saith the Jesuits. Can't get much more propagandising than the Catholic church. Except maybe the Protestant, Muslim, Sikh, Hindu and Buddhist churches. Shinto might be better, though it's more shamanistic than the major religions. At least on the surface - you can't get much more animistic than the Hindu-flavoured Buddhism they like in Thailand. If the Buddha's still around, he's likely spinning in his grave or rolling in the aisles.

Winnie.

A. C. Grayling has argued "we are all born atheists... and it takes a certain amount of work on the part of the adults in our community to persuade [children] differently