EEA family permit for non-eu spouse

Hello everyone

My name is Bart I'm from Poland. I've been living in Thailand with my Thai wife for little over 1,5 year. We've been married for 4 months though. We're planing on moving to UK. we are not sure what visa she should get. I would like to apply for EEA family permit for her in Bangkok ( we're going to UK together). If we submit all the documents such as;
- Proof of relationship (marriage certificate ).
- Passports
- A declaration by the EEA national that the non EEA national would be travelling together or joining him.

1)What are the chances of being denied EEA family permit if we apply in Bangkok?

2)Do we have a better chances of getting it done in Poland?

3)if she gets one can we fly to UK right away or we still need some other visa?

4) do we need to submit any proof of our relationship? , if yes are photos and messages from Facebook enough maybe on top of that letters in english written by our friends and her family confirming that we've been genuinely in love. How do we exactly have to prove that our relationship is genuine to reduce the risk of refusal?

The documents you mention are all that are required for FP, EU nationals are entitled to enter for 3 months before they need to exercise treaty rights, however there are reports of it being denied, unless you have proof of work, this is not a requirement though, i think the cost is still free, check uk government website, just google eea family permit

• Like 1

Indeed, a visa issued for the family member of an EU/EEA /CH can be applied for from any location in the world. The rules are the same (proof of ID of the EU and non EU national, proof of family relation, show that the alien is likely to join or accompany the EU national). Such a visa is issued for free. No need for other papers such as your working status or what not. Just don't be an unreasonable burden to the state.

Do check what the UK requires for registrating as a citizen though. Many nations wish to see the Thai birth certificate at some point (legalized and with a legalized official translation). I'd just get those papers in order unless a Briton can say there is absolutely no use for such papers at any point in the UK.

Your rights come from this EU directive, worth reading through:

-

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1465365384381&uri=CELEX:32004L0038

(available in most EU languages, may wish to check the "PL" marked links/documents)

• Like 1