Who killed Malaysian woman in Ranong? Dutch cold case detectives come to Thailand to reopen case

webfact

Who killed Malaysian woman in Ranong? Dutch cold case detectives come to Thailand to reopen investigation

rrr.jpg

RANONG: -- Cold case detectives from Holland have arrived in Thailand to reopen the murder case of a Malaysian woman who went missing in Ranong, southern Thailand in 2007.

Fairos (or Ros) Sulaiman's remains were found in a septic tank at a rented property towards the end of 2008. Her husband Lambertus Den Dalk (or Bert) and their then two year old son had previously returned to Holland. The husband did not report her missing and a warrant was issued by Thai police at the time of the discovery of the skeletal remains.

Bert remains at large.

On Monday detective Rene Smalders of the Hague Cold Case Unit arrived in Ranong with a policewoman formerly connected to the Dutch Embassy to meet with local police officers and reopen the case.

This follows a decision last year whereby leading authority in the case was handed over by the Thai authorities to their Dutch counterparts.

The Dutch and Thai authorities are cooperating in a reexamination of the evidence and witness statements. Any people or witnesses with information in the case are urged to contact Ranong police or email to [email protected]

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-08

"at large" meaning they don't know where he is, I assume. Suggestion, check Ernie's place.

I once heard of a psychic midget who escaped from police custody, referred to as a small medium at large.

Edited by halloween

Good luck with that. This is the land of unexplained deaths. Or L.O.U.D.

There sure is a lot of unexplained deaths.

Last month it was the Merc,owned by a Brit Simon Wellings, that slammed into a pickup killing two Thai ladies in Chiangmai,

Looks like Simon has disappeared along with the story, along with the mystery friend that was supposedly driving Simon's car. The police have Simon's Benz and passport but apparently no Simon.

Sh.t place for this woman to end up.

Her husband has also disappeared, with a two year old who would now be about ten. Doubt if they are in Thailand or Holland.

Wouldn't be easy being on the run with a young kid to look after. If he did kill his wife, which looks possible, maybe he has killed the kid also.

Mysteries in L.O.U.D.

My money is on that her Dutch husband killed her. Violent creatures those Dutch.

Hey; Ex-Kaaskop: If I were to agree with your absurd generalization, we would BOTH be wrong ! ! !

1zgarz5.gif

Taking the piss of my country can be fun, but I read it quite often after a murder that Thais were violent and dangerous. Now I do the same after reading how one of my own has killed someone. I am happy you find it absurd because it is absurd to generalize like that after a news article about a whole country of people. Unfortunately that is what happens when a Thai does something.

Cold case detectives from Holland have arrived in Thailand to reopen the murder case of a Malaysian woman who went missing in Ranong, southern Thailand in 2007.

This line should be: Cold case detectives from The Netherlands have arrived in Thailand to reopen the murder case of a Malaysian woman who went missing in Ranong, southern Thailand in 2007.

Holland is a part from a country what is called "The Netherlands" many people, even Dutch citizens do this wrong.

From Wikipedia

"Holland" is informally used in English and other languages, including sometimes the Dutch language itself, to mean the whole of the modern country of the Netherlands.[2] This example of pars pro toto or synecdoche is similar to the tendency to refer to the United Kingdom as "England",[6][7] and developed due to Holland becoming the dominant province and thus having the majority of political and economic interactions with other countries.[8

Under the Habsburgs, the Netherlands were organised into a single administrative unit, and in the 16th and 17th centuries the Northern Netherlands gained independence from Spain as the Dutch Republic.[24]

So that explains where Holland, the Netherlands and Dutch originated from.

Here's an other generalization: some Dutch people post real silly, sophomoric stuff of online forums.

My money is on that her Dutch husband killed her. Violent creatures those Dutch.

Hey; Ex-Kaaskop: If I were to agree with your absurd generalization, we would BOTH be wrong ! ! !

1zgarz5.gif

Taking the piss of my country can be fun, but I read it quite often after a murder that Thais were violent and dangerous. Now I do the same after reading how one of my own has killed someone. I am happy you find it absurd because it is absurd to generalize like that after a news article about a whole country of people. Unfortunately that is what happens when a Thai does something.

Here's an other generalization: some Dutch people post real silly, sophomoric stuff of online forums.

1zgarz5.gif

Does has no idea what a generalization is by including SOME its not really a generalization. biggrin.png

1zgarz5.gif

Hmmmmmmm

I do remember, for what it is worth, the spoken thoughts of an American colonel stating the wish if war broke out he would be commanding Dutch soldiers.

A few get killed, the rest get very violent.

Nice......

1zgarz5.gif

Hmmmmmmm

I do remember, for what it is worth, the spoken thoughts of an American colonel stating the wish if war broke out he would be commanding Dutch soldiers.

Nice......

I thought it was normal for soldiers to get violent if they see their comrades killed. Read quite a lot about vengeance killings in Vietnam and Afghanistan ect. Same goes for WW2 in war people get violent.. no matter where they are from. If you see your own get killed.

"at large" meaning they don't know where he is, I assume. Suggestion, check Ernie's place.

I once heard of a psychic midget who escaped from police custody, referred to as a small medium at large.

I heard theres a shortage of midgetswink.png

Cold case detectives from Holland have arrived in Thailand to reopen the murder case of a Malaysian woman who went missing in Ranong, southern Thailand in 2007.

This line should be: Cold case detectives from The Netherlands have arrived in Thailand to reopen the murder case of a Malaysian woman who went missing in Ranong, southern Thailand in 2007.

Holland is a part from a country what is called "The Netherlands" many people, even Dutch citizens do this wrong.

From Wikipedia

"Holland" is informally used in English and other languages, including sometimes the Dutch language itself, to mean the whole of the modern country of the Netherlands.[2] This example of pars pro toto or synecdoche is similar to the tendency to refer to the United Kingdom as "England",[6][7] and developed due to Holland becoming the dominant province and thus having the majority of political and economic interactions with other countries.[8

Under the Habsburgs, the Netherlands were organised into a single administrative unit, and in the 16th and 17th centuries the Northern Netherlands gained independence from Spain as the Dutch Republic.[24]

Some 'ignant folk' call it Dutchland or even Denmark

From Wikipedia

I would never refer to the UK as england as england is a part of the UK and not the entity itself.

From Wikipedia

Some 'ignant folk' call it Dutchland or even Denmark
While 'Holland' is often confused with 'Poland' do not ask me why....

The Hague, obviously, is situated in South Holland.

Hence, police from Holland, nothing wrong with it, isn't it?

On another par:

- Where you come from?

- The Netherlands.

- What?

- Holland.

- What please?

- Amsterdam.

- Ahhhhhh

On another par:

- Where you come from?

- The Netherlands.

- What?

- Holland.

- What please?

- Amsterdam.

- Ahhhhhh

That is what we get for living in a small insignificant country. Not that I mind.

On another par:

- Where you come from?

- The Netherlands.

- What?

- Holland.

- What please?

- Amsterdam.

- Ahhhhhh

That is what we get for living in a small insignificant country. Not that I mind.

That's a racist cuny of a thing to say.

I believe he is Dutch so a bit tongue in cheek humour really.

I lived in Eindhoven for a long time and nobody there came from Holland, Nederland yes, or The Netherlands

Holland is used a lot as many people especially those not from Europe have no idea where The Netherlands is!

Does it matter?

1zgarz5.gif

The reports in the media are of Thai people doing these things though, not Dutch or Swedish or whatever. If I were to read all the reports in the media about how violent Thai taxi drivers can get if you anger them (and observe some incidents personally or through friends), then I'm surely going to do my best to avoid getting in a conflict or argument with them. Same thing when you read about all the things that could go wrong by falling "in love" with a bargirl in Pattaya. It would be quite foolish to do the same and expect different results.

Yes, those are generalizations but sometimes it's necessary to have enough knowledge for survival.

Edited by mesterm

1zgarz5.gif

Hmmmmmmm
Nice......

I thought it was normal for soldiers to get violent if they see their comrades killed. Read quite a lot about vengeance killings in Vietnam and Afghanistan ect. Same goes for WW2 in war people get violent.. no matter where they are from. If you see your own get killed.

Oh, I believe you, in general, that is.
What this colonel meant, the Dutch could get very, VERY, violent.
Heard that before, and later.

I live in Ranong and know people who knew them. It was believed by some he'd run to Spain, there was a German woman who was named as being someone of interest to police.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

1zgarz5.gif

i know some that have posted more than 18k silly postswhistling.gif