Bamboos

domdom

Hello

I am looking for some 3 meters high bamboos to plant in front of my condo.. Does anyone know where I could find and how much it could reasonably cost ??

Thanks in advance

Have a nice day

I would really really rethink that. I too thought it would be a pretty good idea once. So I planted about forty feet worth of it in gront of my house. Well......at first it was beautiful. But as time went on it turned into a not so nice mass of green. Another not so nice bush is tge bougonvilla...another nightmare in time.

Any garden shop will get them for you and then come along and plant them for you.smile.png

Be careful with this stuff it will take over.

We planted around 60 bamboo plants inside our wall, the mess they make is incredible, the work pruning them is incredible, the root system is incredible, the grass they killed around them was incredible we pulled the lot out. that also was incredible. sad.png

Pictures of them being pulled

post-22250-0-79735300-1465440226_thumb.j

post-22250-0-18764400-1465440258_thumb.j

post-22250-0-06987300-1465440551_thumb.j

Hello

Thanks for all answers. I have some "supposed bamboos" on the side of my condo and they didn't expand at all, so I thought here it was different of what I experienced in Europe.. So, surely those plants are not real bamboos.. Seem to be, but different type.

In fact my first choice was the type of palm trees you have on your snap, but I went to Nongnooch and they don't have big ones like yours

Could you pls be so nice and tell me where you found them and what approximate price it could be.. I think i would need 2 because you seem to plant them not very far one from the other

Thank you for your kind help. I give up Bamboos

Have a nice day

The palms are Areca, once established they will grow very high and fill out nicely making a great screen, they are no trouble to look after. We now have them all around the inside of the wall some up to 5 mtrs high

We bought them off one of the garden shops, so long ago forgotten which one, probably one of the ones south of Pattaya on Sukhumvit road I remember they were not easy to find. They were in pots and only about 1 mtr high at that time. Price around 400 baht but that was a long while back, Maybe try the garden market opposite Bangkok Hospital.

Perhaps take a picture with you as they may not recognise the name but I am sure they can get from somewhere for you.

Hello

In fact, going for a checking in BPH tomorrow morning I had planned to go and see in the market opposite.. but I don't remember I had seen this type of trees there..

Will also check in the nurseries around floating market .. I need minimum 2.50 m..

Thank you

Have a nice day

The palms are Areca, once established they will grow very high and fill out nicely making a great screen, they are no trouble to look after. We now have them all around the inside of the wall some up to 5 mtrs high

We bought them off one of the garden shops, so long ago forgotten which one, probably one of the ones south of Pattaya on Sukhumvit road I remember they were not easy to find. They were in pots and only about 1 mtr high at that time. Price around 400 baht but that was a long while back, Maybe try the garden market opposite Bangkok Hospital.

Perhaps take a picture with you as they may not recognise the name but I am sure they can get from somewhere for you.

Hello Rimmer

and thanks for the info on the tall trees (areca) never knew what they were called until now

We have them all around our garden and pool, now they are about 15/ 20 feet tall and a bit too big, especially when they are casting seeds and throwing off their big fronds

Do you know if these trees can be pruned from the top down or will pruning kill them?

Thank you once again

Edited by n210mp

Hello Rimmer

and thanks for the info on the tall trees (areca) never knew what they were called until now

We have them all around our garden and pool, now they are about 15/ 20 feet tall and a bit too big, especially when they are casting seeds and throwing off their big fronds

Do you know if these trees can be pruned from the top down or will pruning kill them?

Thank you once again

We prune them at the top also cut out stems at ground level when they become too many, the seed pods can often be pulled off before they start shedding. smile.png

Hello,

Very happy to tell that I went to the market opposite BPH after my checking (I won't tell my cholesterol level..whistling.gifwhistling.gif )

I found this type of tree (I don't know if exactly the same but very similar and nice).. 3 meters high.. 1000 bahts one with home delivery, plantation.. they removed the old tree and took it with them in their car..

Only to tell.. with my "penguin" thai, when the woman asked me wether I wanted 1 or 2, I said I didn't know and she had to come and check at my condo.. so she asked me if I had a car, I said yes and she spoke with a guy sitting in an armchair and told me he would come now.. I asked her how he would come back but she said, he would follow me with his car.. so I said OK.. unfortunately of fortunately 20 seconds later I saw 2 guys putting 2 trees in an old pick up.. So I didn't dare saying I was not ready to buy today mainly at 1 o'clock when I was rushing home to eat..Finally we reached home.. I think he would have rather killed 5 motorbikes drivers than losing me on the way..

We reached home and finally 2 were fine.. They removed the old tree, planted the 2 new ones, cleaned everything, put the old tree in their pick up and went.. less than one hour everything was done for one bottle of chilled water and 200 bahts tip.. Excellent.. As our manager plans to replant some trees in the garden (will believe it when I see and I prefered to pay on my own pocket to see them before my cholesterol plays me a bad trick), I gave the contact to them .. I hope they can make some business as the deal seemed fantastic to me

Have a nice week end

• 2 weeks later...