Father who let his kindergarten child stand up on motorbike fined 400 baht

webfact

The one that sends me into apoplexy and gives me murderous thoughts, and which I've seen several times lately, is the dad (presumably) riding his motorbike with one hand, while in the other he has tucked his infant child. There's a vid clip of such an incident and the slimeball scum of a father runs into the back of a car - fortunately he was only going at walking speed, but he had to step smartly off his bike to avoid dropping his tot. Don't know where to find that one.

I see this daily, it's normal Thai behaviour. You must remmember even though we view this with disbelief this is not our country and they make the rules, I pick up my niece from school every day at five pm see this plus twelve eleven ten year olds pulling out on motor bikes hauling three of there mates police stopping the traffic to allow them access to the main drag,no insurance , no license, no helmets, my belief is the cops allow this because their kids do it too , it's just part of the lawless society we live in.

I often have to serve to avoid hitting an armed and uniformed policeman on his motorbike with his daughter on the back going down a narrow one way street the wrong way.

Police are meant to enforce the law not break it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh 400 bht, that will learn him

More than a days pay for many Thais..

Unlike farangs, that many make about 400 baht or about $12 or more an hour..

A-holes like you don't know shit..

but not as much as a life eh?

An aside I used to know a girl from Patpong called Apple she could play the trumpet!!!

However i have just seen a motorised ice cart pull out infront of a pick up who was doing about 110Km result a big blast of horns and swerve across road nearly going to far ditch.

The aged fat lady ice cream seller never even noticed let alone looked before pulling out.

you have to treat any Thai on a motorised device as a complete danger

The one that sends me into apoplexy and gives me murderous thoughts, and which I've seen several times lately, is the dad (presumably) riding his motorbike with one hand, while in the other he has tucked his infant child. There's a vid clip of such an incident and the slimeball scum of a father runs into the back of a car - fortunately he was only going at walking speed, but he had to step smartly off his bike to avoid dropping his tot. Don't know where to find that one.

Yes I also cringe everytime I see this in Nakhon Phanom, and it is quite regularly.....And kids stood up on the motorbike seat, but that is not often. Also saw a smiling granny pass having picked up 2 little twin girls from school standing side by side on the motorbike footplate in front of her.

Once happened to be walking in the middle of a police 'helmet trap' when a helmeted policeman cruised in on his police mbike and picked up his, presumably, 2 little girls from school and cruised off again without either of them wearing helmets!!!