They cut off my phone!

biplanebluey

Yesterday my wife was out with friend and tried to phone my mobile to tell me dinner was on its way.I did not get that message as she could not get through.I was getting worried and tried to ring her but nothing working on phone'We go to DTac this morning and they say my Phone was cut off.WHAT----- how and why you cut off? Fobbed off with ---not to worry ,you are ok now "SORRY"!!!!!! How can they just do this?

did you register the phone number in your name ?

a while ago all the telco providers changed the rules and now you must register the number by giving proof od ID. or they will cut it off.

also applies to buying a sim card.

Rob

I want the 10 seconds back, I lost when I reading this, the nerve

So sorry-------- would you miss your phone if it suddenly died on you and there was nothing you could do with it to get it working ?

Anyway I'm sorry I wasted 10 seconds of your timebah.gif

I want the 10 seconds back, I lost when I reading this, the nerve

So sorry-------- would you miss your phone if it suddenly died on you and there was nothing you could do with it to get it working ?

Anyway I'm sorry I wasted 10 seconds of your timebah.gif

just joking my friend, I don't use a phone here, except for Internet, I know when I got my iPhone 4 as my first smartphone, they sent me out of the store, without showing me how to use it, and I was leaving for work overseas, next day,a nightmare for sure.btw sorry about the 10 seconds I probably wasted, too

a while ago all the telco providers changed the rules and now you must register the number by giving proof od ID. or they will cut it off.

Rob

The phone is about 3 yrs old so cannot remember.Would not Dtac have automatically have reg it in my name 3yrs ago.I have not had any notification to that effect in this time and I eeally got the impression that it was done as a mistake on their part but could not get much out of her .I just got a quick here you are it's alright now!!!!!! anyway thanks for reply moose-------- Dougal

Rob

The phone is about 3 yrs old so cannot remember.Would not Dtac have automatically have reg it in my name 3yrs ago.I have not had any notification to that effect in this time and I eeally got the impression that it was done as a mistake on their part but could not get much out of her .I just got a quick here you are it's alright now!!!!!! anyway thanks for reply moose-------- Dougal

Big News on TV and media about registration of SIM Cards, last year

Rob

uhm......no DTAC would not automatically in your name.

if you got the sim before the rules came into effect , you had the option of registering or face disconnection.

Archived