Building a perimeter wall

passedout

Just had a couple of quotes on the 2,300 b per linear meter mark all in for a 1.8mts high wall from local builders or 1200 labour only. It sounds a bit high to me! Material cost not terrible but labour sounds a bit too high.

I remember reading in this forum only 3 years ago a few guys had their wall done for around 1,500 all in or 500b labour only and it was commented it was a bit on the expensive side then .

Have prices gone up so much in merely 3 years?

Has anyone out there had any wall built recently to compare prices with?

Cheers

If its merely a perimeter wall then 2300฿/m is expensive. Last year I had a VERY substantial 2m high retaining wall built for about 2000฿/m all-in. It was a cantilever structure with a 1m wide foot and lots of reinforcement steel.

Well done that sounds very cheap for a retaining wall!

I've been looking around for material for my perimeter wall and the cost added up to roughly 1,000 baht per linear meter including the gate. So splitting the quotes I had would work out around 1,300 baht labor per linear meter; a bit on the high side!

Just had something similar built myself, 50 metre length x 2m high, pillars every 2.5m, 1000B per meter, reinforced steel, blocks, rendered one side and painted. I supplied the materials.

Do you remember roughly how much the material you supplied added up to per linear meter?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a perimeter wall finished last week its 1.5 meters high and 60 meters long,I used around 44 concrete poles and I was charged 200 baht per pole, I had an outside toilet and side gate built as well and all in was 15000bt for labour,I used steel and concrete pour on the base and the top of the wall to tie it all in, I think the blocks sand stone etc cost me around 70000baht.

Sand and stone has jumped hugely in price and even concrete and steel is up greatly in the last few years.

3 years ago I bought the same concrete with steel poles for 220 baht this time there were 375 baht.

Regards

Archived