Non-Imm O "Marriage Visa" Penang

Hello y'all-

For the past 4 years I have lived here on non Imm B visas with 1 year extensions based on work renewed a few times. Now that I am married and starting a nothew job soon I plan to obtain a non-Imm O Visa at Penang next week. I am going with an agency but preparing my own documents- this is a list that I have, if anyone has successfully obtained a non-Imm O Visa based on marriage to a Thai national let me know if anything else is needed. Again, this is for Penang, not Savannakhet or some other place.

Passport

Work Permit

Signed Copies of both

4 x 6 photos with white background

Copy of wedding certificate issued at Amphur office in Phuket

Signed copy of wife's birth certificate

Signed copy of wife's Tabien Ban (house book)

Signed Copy of Wifes ID Card

Color Original photos of us together, wedding, etc

Visa Application

Proof of income >1,000,000 baht in Thailand last year

Proof of 100,000 baht in bank

Bank Book Copies

Bank Book Original

Tax statement for last year

Am I missing something?

Are you applying for a single entry or a multiple entry non-o visa?

Work permit not needed.

Photos needed for visa application form are two 3.5 X 4.5 cm. Application form: Penang.pdf

Original and copy of marriage certificate.

Wife's birth certificate not needed.

No wedding photos and etc are needed. Those are for an extension application at immigration.

If you have proof of income the 100k baht in the bank will not be needed.

Take anything and everything- the thing you don't take will be the one you need! Can't comment on the marriage visa basis but I was able to get a non- Imm 'O' last month in order to get a new Retirement Permit. Got through first time without any issues.

I will try Penang for a Multiple non-O (marriage) next week. Reading other threads seems Penang is getting more difficult, although not certain if that applies to Non-O's as much as it seems to Tourist visas. Anyhow, I've got the THB400K in the bank, hoping its a 2 day process, submit one, pick-up 2. Any up to date feedback/advice welcomed!

I will try Penang for a Multiple non-O (marriage) next week. Reading other threads seems Penang is getting more difficult, although not certain if that applies to Non-O's as much as it seems to Tourist visas. Anyhow, I've got the THB400K in the bank, hoping its a 2 day process, submit one, pick-up 2. Any up to date feedback/advice welcomed!

It's a two working day process, Penang Consulate is closed Sat/Sun plus Thai/Malaysian Public Holidays.

Apply in the morning, collect the next working afternoon.

• Like 2

It's a two working day process, Penang Consulate is closed Sat/Sun plus Thai/Malaysian Public Holidays.

Apply in the morning, collect the next working afternoon.

Thanks for that, brilliant planning on my part, Wednesday 22nd is a holiday in Malaysia!

dear folks,

i have a general question about non-immi visas : it is written on www.mfa.go.thai/main/eng/services....issuance of non immi visas ...under financial requirements that thb 20k for singles and 40k for families is needed..... now when a person re-enters the country with a non-o multiple visa the country again , can then the thai immi officer demand hypothetically/theoretically/practically to show thb 20k or 40 k in cash at the border crossing ??? then further the person cannot comply can the thai officer deny entry ????

wbr roobaa01

dear folks,

i have a general question about non-immi visas : it is written on www.mfa.go.thai/main/eng/services....issuance of non immi visas ...under financial requirements that thb 20k for singles and 40k for families is needed..... now when a person re-enters the country with a non-o multiple visa the country again , can then the thai immi officer demand hypothetically/theoretically/practically to show thb 20k or 40 k in cash at the border crossing ??? then further the person cannot comply can the thai officer deny entry ????

wbr roobaa01

Immigration can ask for financial proof when entering the country with any type of visa. That is one of the requirements for entry under section 12 of the immigration act.

It is seldom asked for when entering on a non immigrant visa but can be asked for.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite being here in Penang a day longer than I'd have liked (due to a holiday) I have just picked up (from Jim's Place) my passport with a 12 month non-O multiple visa(marriage). I had the 400K in the bank (original + copy of bankbook) plus the other paperwork (marriage cert + wife ID + wife tabien baan - all copies). MYR750 for the visa, MYR70 for Jim. Good service and good value.

• Like 1