Bangkok Bank server down Sat. AM. ATM's off-line

orang37

Just had a fun time in Big C Extra here after a major shopping run when they couldn't accept my Be1st. card.

Turns out all their ATM's are down, and other banks ATM's cannot access the bank, either.

Before posting this, I searched and found another thread (oddly titled "Bangkok Bank joke") here on the Jobs/Economy forum where folks in Samui were commenting on BB being down there, also.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/924151-bangkok-bank-joke/

People were queuing up in the branch downstairs in Big C; the guard told me you could make withdrawals with a passbook, but, I had already returned enough items to cover my purchases, and didn't want to keep my tuk-tuk pilot waiting another half-hour. So I just went home broke, and loaded with staples.

This has got to be a major computer system failure for the bank; and it would be interesting to know the details (calamity ? fire ? hacking ?).

Of course, as you may expect, BB's on-line web-site shows no information about this.

cheers, ~o:37;

I made an online payment last week that should have gone from my acct the day after and the money is still sitting in my acct.

Luckily I did a screenshot of the confirmation so I sent this to the receiver (who never received) and said I am not repeating the payment because if it goes through twice it will be a bigger mess. I emailed the bank with evidence etc and so far nothing back.

Yes this was Bangkok Bank !

I got caught out at the Mae Hia branch this morning,when the teller told me their line was down I thought only that branch,so went to Big C Mae Hia,same deal.

I guess in due course we will find out why.Hopefully not a hacking issue.Shame they couldn't at least issue a statement to the media

First I couldn't pay my phone bill online w/BBK. No explanation except it failed. Went to Makro to go shopping planning to get cash at the ATM. An out of order sign or some such thing was attached. No problem, I have used my ATM in other bank's machine before. Would not accept the BKK card. I had to use my U.S. ATM card in Kasikorn ATM. 200 baht fee charged.

When I returned home after shopping the phone bill payment had been processed, and BKK computers apparently now working. Of course besides the aggravation it cost me an extra 200 baht.

As someone else mentioned, no warning about it on the BKK website or a 'Sorry for the inconvenience message".

Edited by silverhawk_usa

Anybody got an update on this? Just tried to pay a bill to the US on the internet and the card was knocked back. Be 1st Visa. 2nd time, happened a week ago....went to the bank branch,,,,they phone connected me with someone then said it was all ok now.....then guess what ???

Anybody got an update on this? Just tried to pay a bill to the US on the internet and the card was knocked back. Be 1st Visa. 2nd time, happened a week ago....went to the bank branch,,,,they phone connected me with someone then said it was all ok now.....then guess what ???

All was good for me later that same day. Not using card to pay bills, but ATM withdrawal and online payments fine as of a few minutes ago.

It may be an internet connectivity issue. I get that from time to time with my overseas banks, and oddly Friday seems to be the worst day for problems including the WiFi at the house. Usually the issue has cleared if I go back to the ATM the next day.