samsung aircon service on Koh samui

The are either across the street pretty much of either Makro or Big C....in Bophut area,

I'm having a brain freeze on which shop! facepalm.gif Sign is quite large so just look for it...wink.png

BigC area, just before on opposite site when coming from Bo Phut/Fisherman Village. They do all Samsung devices and provide excellent service...

Let them check if your outdoor unit is ok. My one was just about 1 year old when the gas was gone. Normally it should last for many years or even forever. I paid for the refill but it lasted only a week. So they noticed there is a leak and it took 2 (hot) weeks to get the parts and replace them. At least it was still on warranty (2 or 3 years?) and I only had to pay for the gas refill.

Customer Service review

Having noticed a Samsung repair outlet opposite the Tourist Police Station on the ring road It made sense to speak to them if any of our appliances bearing their name failed. A few weeks later on a Thursday afternoon our Plasma TV developed a problem (no picture!). I spent the evening looking at possible causes on youtube and established that it was;

a) Quite Common &

B) Relatively easy to repair & not particularly expensive if my own diagnosis was correct.

c) Better to seek professional help if you’re not a regular sparky.

What happened next defies belief. Fortunately I took the precaution of updating these notes in real time after it became clear we were in for a long haul. Events unfolded as follows:

i) Friday morning (we’ll call this “Day 1”): Wife rang & was told they were busy on Day 1 & 2, Closed on Day 3 & therefore couldn’t see us until Day 4. They wouldn’t commit to a time.

ii) Day 4: When no one turned up by midday my wife rang again and was told (by the woman that accepted our booking on Friday) their Engineer was spending all day on Koh Phangan!

iii) Day 5: Their Engineer turned up first thing in the morning and, without any sort of fault finding or diagnostics, whisked the TV into his truck. He had yet to return to the shop when the wife rang for an update that afternoon.

iv) Day 7: Wife rang for an update. The woman who answered didn’t know.

v) Day 9 (Sat): Samsung rang my wife to say it would cost THB 5.1k to repair & they’d have to order part(s). We told them to go ahead & offered to pop in on Monday to pay but they instead insisted that we go straight away. The TV would be returned to our house on Day 13, duly repaired.

vi) Day 13: No Show!

vii) Day 14: Their Engineer brought the TV back to our house, plugged it in and within 2 seconds (just long enough to see the Samsung logo) It failed again, this time with no sound either.

viii) Day 15: My wife popped in to their shop and was told they have to re-order and start again. The earlier part had a 90 day warranty therefore no further bill to us was likely, not that we would have accepted any additional charges.

ix) Day 22: Having heard nothing for a week we stopped there only to find a sign on the door saying they’re closed until day 25.

x) Day 25: Upon again visiting the shop we were given some old flannel about parts being out of stock in Bangkok and that they (Samsung Samui) would receive the part on day 27 & deliver our TV on day 29 or 30, duly repaired. I struggled to remain silent. My body language surely revealed that a) I frankly didn’t believe the ‘out of stock’ baloney & b ) I knew we’d be back in that office one week later (day 32) wondering what their latest excuse would be.

xi) Day 29: Samsung finally called my wife to say the elusive part had arrived, would be fitted on Day 30 or 32 (Day 31 being a Sunday) & delivered after being tested again on the morning of Day 33 before leaving the shop.

xii) Day 33: My wife rang well into the afternoon to find out why we were still waiting. Their reply fell somewhere between a stall and a blatant lie and by nightfall we weren’t entirely surprised that our TV still hadn’t been returned.

xiii) Day 34, 35: No Show or contact.

xiv) Day 36: We again visited the shop. After several minutes we were told that the TV is beyond repair. I again bit my tongue & stepped out of the shop. I had intended to recover the TV today whether repaired or not but they asked my wife and eventually me too for a few more days, presumably as a face-saving measure. I’m not expecting there to be any change by the time I update this next week.

xv) Day 41: Samsung called my wife to say that our TV had been repaired and asked us to collect it. Given the above this came as a bit of a shock, indeed we were on the verge of replacing the TV.

These are sub-contractors for Samsung. I had mixed results from them , as mentioned on another thread, from great to awful.On the wall in the office, there is a mission statement from Samsung and a customer service number from memory.

Edited by Rooo

These are sub-contractors for Samsung. I had mixed results from them , as mentioned on another thread, from great to awful.On the wall in the office, there is a mission statement from Samsung and a customer service number from memory.

Note the last line, starting with "G"...wink.png

post-122720-0-84866100-1466320079_thumb.

The details in post 6 were destined for HQ in Seoul had it not been for my final entry. Gravity would have done the rest smile.png

bouncing_description.gif

Edited by evadgib