AIS Fibre and I live way off the grid near rawai

xvend

Right now AIS has a very small customer base compared to other companies. So, the speeds that I am getting with AIS is really very good.

I hope they continue to expand as their customer base expands as well.

I have CAT fiber and just got 6.1 on both fast.com (Netflix speed test) and speedtest,net to California. I've never seen anything above 10 except to BKK. Lucky you xvend!

i got 60 on 3bb at 10am

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

this one is better though it uses the technology that most websites are using today instead of some single thread non accurate technology from the early days of the internet

I envy the OP.

To get to me in rural Khampaeng Phet AIS will either have to tap into the fibre optic cable connecting all their base stations running back to KPP which they are not willing to do, or run a new fibre link 65 km which they will do, but not until 2018.

Until then I am stuck with a crap TOT fibre link for the first 59 km followed by a microwave link to the tower 6 km further on and then into a WiNet link.

That has crashed 5 times in the last 10 days. The longest it stayed up during that period was 50 hours and the shortest was 8 1/2 hours.

You didn't have to pay 6/12 months up front? It is often required for foreigners.

I love AIS, I paid 0, but do have work permit and non-b. They waived the 4,000 Baht Router Charge deposit, everything was free. Bought the blokes some lunch due to the extreme distance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Xvend thanks for sharing this im very interested since i live in rawai and i pay almost the same for a crappy ADSL .

But when i ran the same test as you i have 14.5 MBits/sec wich translate to like max 1.2 MO/sec when i download torrent stuffs

So how is this that crazy ? your upload is great however no doubt about it. Am i missing something there ? because i get the same DOWN with a standard ADSL.

How much Mega Octet / second you get when downloading ?

could you run the download on http://testmy.net/ please because on this one i get only ownload :: 5.3 Mbps 664 kB/s wich is close to reality i guess.

Thanks in advance smile.png

Edited by SlyouThai

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...