Do Expats divine right to change every they settle

Having been here a good while (no figures as the black catting will start). I only just joined this forum yesterday but have been reading the stories/rants/and the Thailand is rubish, Thais are stupid, comments. I'm not here to defend the Thais they are capable of doing that themselfs.

My question is why when Expats congregate in whatever country they go to in this question Thailand, they feel the overwhelming need to start to change it to nearer there liking in there home countries. There are always quotes like we did not do this or that or we do it this way not that. Or we are better than Thai because we come from a 1st world country. Is it because in our own countries we were so far down the pecking order that now in Thailand with our good pensions we feel we have in fact moved to the top of the pecking order. Or is just a superior intellect people belive they have over the locals. Never a thread appears before the Thai downers come down on it then the pack instincts take over and peer pressure seems to drive the nasty or down right derogetery remarks on. You know slap each others backs ect. Personaly I find it all quite entertaining. Oh by the way it's the same on all Expat forums I've been on either Europe or else where. My thoughts and I stress my thoughts are not my home country so I don't get involved in petty squabbles over the color of ID cards or house books or why can't we own this that or the other. Personaly I came here to enjoy what's left of my time on this planet. I see no sense in worrying or getting all worked up a out things we as Expats have no control or say over. Sit back kick of the flip flops and relax.

Edited by Deepinthailand

Oh god No!!!! Not this dead horse again!!!

Somebody should just pin this topic under 'General' and not allow any new threads to be opened. We don't really need the hundredth version of the same topic, do we? (Although, nobody would have known the topic from the header, would they?)

People tend to be more vocal about what they don't like rather than what they do like, and the people on here who complain about the driving methods, reverse logic, superstitions, etc., would complain about they same sorts of things wherever they lived. They just chose to live here for reasons such as climate, economics, companionship -- nothing really personal or specifically against Thais -- just their nature to grumble.

Edited by Inn Between

Only Muslims think they have, is the answer but Deepinthailand, this subject has been covered many times; enough already - just keep tuning in and you'll get a fuller picture regarding whether or not you think you can make a worthwhile contribution but you're not enlightening anyone on this forum with that post.

Only Muslims think they have, is the answer but Deepinthailand, this subject has been covered many times; enough already - just keep tuning in and you'll get a fuller picture regarding whether or not you think you can make a worthwhile contribution but you're not enlightening anyone on this forum with that post.

Totally agree, expat have nothing on muslims

Don't want to enlighten anyone it's a question on a forum if it's been done before I don't care seems to me there are many threads on here all the same.

Grammar police please go away but there again that might be one of the answers to my question on feeling superior.

"Personaly I came here to enjoy what's left of my time on this planet. I see no sense in worrying or getting all worked up a out things we as Expats have no control or say over. "

I suggest you return your attention to what is left of your time on this planet and not spend time worrying and getting all worked up about other people holding and expressing different points of view than your own.

You might even save more of your dwindling time if you don't waste it trying to dream up resons why people hold and express different views than your own.

Sit back, kick off your flip flops and relax.

Edited by GuestHouse

"Personaly I came here to enjoy what's left of my time on this planet. I see no sense in worrying or getting all worked up a out things we as Expats have no control or say over. "

I suggest you return your attention to what is left of your time on this planet and not spend time worrying and getting all worked up about other people holding and expressing different points of view than your own.

You might even save more of your dwindling time if you don't waste it trying to dream up resons why people hold and express different views than your own.

Getting worked up by others views!!!! Not my scene at all. Each to there own even if the are blatantly wrong. I understand after reading lots of threads on here I am not in the clicks which form and have no wish to be.

However none of the replies so far have attempted to answer my questions bar 1 post. You say hold diffrent views how would you know that we do indeed have diffrent views???????

Bickering, showboating,

Skiting about how much they save/spend,

How they never paid their GF nothing,

The guy that thinks he knows so much that he has to correct native Thai speakers on the language forum.lol

the guy whos wife has degree and family are rich Chinese and can't understand why other farangs go out with bargirls

The guy who live with his wife for free and she actually pays him.lol

the guys who welcome others to his ignore list and thinking they actually would give a sh#t,

the guys who buys motorbikes, cars, businesses, houses on land they cant own..and then cry that they got scammed out of the lot.

these are my favourites lol

oh, and the guys who could read a story on mother Theresa and still find something negative tonmoan about lol

Where else could you get such free entertainment?

Same same me..Very bored people with lots of time on their hands .lol

Edited by bamukloy

OP would you care to share your views on how the expats of Thailad have tried to turn it into a version of their own country.

Just read the threads on here that will answer you question

You mean the threads on TV as a whole or this one in particular ?

Threads of people looking to buy a staple gun in Bangkok, gives me no reason to believe that person is trying to turn Thailand into his home country.

Someone wanting to buy English food or find a French restaurant isn't someone trying to turn Thailand into their home country.

Most expats in Thailand don't tend to settle and make their own areas, so no, reading other threads on here gives me no clues.

Bickering, showboating,

How they never paid their GF nothing,

The guy that thinks he knows so much that he has to correct native Thai speakers on the language forum.lol

the guy whos wife has degree and family are rich Chinese and can't understand why other farangs go out with bargirls

The guy who live with his wife for free and she actually pays him.lol

the guys who welcome others to his ignore list and thinking they actually would give a sh#t,

the guys who buys motorbikes, cars, businesses, houses on land they cant own..and then cry that they got scammed out of the lot.

these are my favourites lol

oh, and the guys who could read a story on mother Theresa and still find something negative tonmoan about lol

Same same me..Very bored people with lots of time on their hands .lol

Sounds a bit like you!!!!

OP would you care to share your views on how the expats of Thailad have tried to turn it into a version of their own country.

Threads of people looking to buy a staple gun in Bangkok, gives me no reason to believe that person is trying to turn Thailand into his home country.

Someone wanting to buy English food or find a French restaurant isn't someone trying to turn Thailand into their home country.

Most expats in Thailand don't tend to settle and make their own areas, so no, reading other threads on here gives me no clues.

Selective reading then

Selective reading then

Responding to wrong post

Edited by Enoon

Getting worked up by others views!!!! Not my scene at all. Each to there own even if the are blatantly wrong. I understand after reading lots of threads on here I am not in the clicks which form and have no wish to be.

However none of the replies so far have attempted to answer my questions bar 1 post. You say hold diffrent views how would you know that we do indeed have diffrent views???????

Why do some XPs worry so much about what gets said on TV, or any other forum?

Nobody is trying to "change" anything. They couldn't if they tried. It's just talk.

One XP trying to have the last word over another XP.

The people of Thailand don't give a toss about what a bunch of cranky, middle-aged/elderly foreigners argue about on TV. That's why they're always smiling.

The less of a toss you give, the happier you will be.

Try not to "invest" too much in this, or any other, forum.

Edited by Enoon

Bickering, showboating,

I would love to entertain you (and many others) with my spendings.

I just don't dare... Would be shocking to most :)

To some it is complaining to some it is venting.

Should no one ever complain or vent ? What makes it acceptable to complain or vent and who decides ?

Should we go through life and just accept everything bad that happens and push it under a rug or should we share these experiences with others so they can avoid the same fate ?

Edited by ttthailand

The ones that think they do don't usually last for too long....

If they do stay or are "stuck" here they're usually miserable sots with an alcohol affliction....Again - another way out.....