Fighting With Other Farang?

Delray Tweed

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah!! I know Karate Kung <deleted> and 2 other Japanese words.. Back to the original question. A Falang bar owner friend of mine told me (after a scrap between 2 falangs), the police told him if it happens again its 10,000Bt each for the two combatants and 10,000Bt for the bar owner...

I trained in judo. How does the law react to choke holds and arm locks?

If the person you use your judo on knows a real martial art they will react by snapping you in two. :o

As for the police, Alexth was pretty much spot on.

buddy I'm also a Judoka and a freestye wrestler, and I have represented canada in both,next to sambo and wrestlers,judokas are the deadliest :D:D

We were sitting in a quiet non-girly bar, just about to meet some close friends before going on for a farewell dinner in a quality restaurant

Yes, in a heartbeat...

You must have been a newbie.............or just plain ole stupid,

Maybe you should have just gone straight to the ' quality restaurant ', instead of sitting in a bar during Songkhran. Then you would not have had the need to batter a man in the face with a rambo water gun, enough to hospitalise him I might add.

English by any chance?

I bet your friends were really impressed as you were carted away to the police station, people like you give the many good British people a bad name. :D

And would you do it again, I love your answer, in a heartbeat, of course if the guy was built like a house, then you would just accept it, or get the beating of your life, or are you another internet hard man? :D

Creeper you seem to be suggesting then that if Rambo had conducted his water borne assault in the 'quality restaurant' instead of the bar next door then that it would have been OK for Noel to defend his girlfriend who quite clearly seems to have been attacked in a most inappropriate manner given the circumstances as depicted in his account.

Do share how you would have handled the situation if it was you and your Mrs.?

As Thaiboxer wisely points out ''The best fighting tactic of all time is to avoid getting into a fight in the first place''.

However there will always be times when a row cannot be avoided.

What sort of Creep is it that would sit and watch his Mrs get assaulted without the testicular fortitude to address such? Quite a pathetic specimen in my book. :o

Grappling skills are essential in cage fight competitions, Ultimate Fighters like Gracie are Masters,

Grappling a la Gracy only gets you hurt badly. It's only good for the ring or a kindergarden fight.

The best skill in a streetfight is to be able to run really really fast. Or, even better, not getting into one in the first place.

Thank God for the new visa regs. Drunken Farangs fighting is the plague of many resorts around the world ( LOS not spared ). But it's a new one on me for them to check out the local custom before they come and get stuck in.....................jeeeeeeeeez.

How will the new visa regs rid Thailand of aggressive, drunken farangs. Most of the really aggressive guys are the young ones on very short vacations revving it up and playing hard.

Patpong 1987 and a macho man grabbed his unexpecing friend by the throat-bent him bakwards ove a table and tried to puch his lights out. Totaly no good reason other than too much beer and a macho image.

Next thing and he is out cold and very badly injured. The farang bar owner was sick of having his place wrecked by silly bloody fools so he belted the guy over the head with a baseball bat.

End of fight and god only knows what happened to the silly farang cos he was last seen being carried out by two thai men-and they were not ambulance men either.

The best skill in a streetfight is to be able to run really really fast. Or, even better, not getting into one in the first place.

Ain't that the truth :o

If you've very seen someone cut with a knife or bottle...you don't want to be on the end of it... :D

A lot of poeple here accepting the "non-fighting" idea, but going on to say "sometimes you have no choice..."

Bull**** I've been here going on 8 years with no trouble whatsoever.

I envy people who can go through life like you. You have either never had to defend anything of value to you such as another person or you have been very lucky or you have nothing you value.

I will assume you have been lucky. I have many friends who have managed their entire lives like you and I have tried to ascertain how they do it but failed and I have many others who have not had this luck.

But to say noone ever has to fight to protect what they love is not the fate of us all. Its a noble thing to strive for but it is not attainable by all of us who strive for it.

I watched an elderly gentleman (compared to me) walking home from work (you could tell by the tie) during Songkran. I was having a drink minding my own business when couple of other farangs at the same bar decided this guys clothes were not soaked and decided to remedy that. The guy cursed under his breath as he tried to run away. One of the three decided he didn't like that and grabbed the old guy by the hair. Wasn't my business. I could have avoided a fight by not grabbing the other farangs hand who grabbed the elderly gentlemen by the hair but I didn't. After grabbing his hand the other farang decided I needed attention. He swung, and was considerably drunker than me and missed. I didn't. But his friends didn't miss either. It lasted about 5 seconds before all of us were on the ground thanks to a lot of other farangs and Thais. I could have let the old guy get tossed but didn't. If you could sit by and let that happen to someone which is not what I think your saying than thats too bad.

Sometimes you have to make choices and sometimes all the choices are lousy. Thats life. The old guy walking home wasn't a drunk and neither am I. He simply had to go home and I stopped by for what should have been a relaxing drink. So saying you avoid fighting is great but at some point ...and thats a different point for all of us.... each of us has to decide whats important to them.

How many dead Aikedo, Tae Kwon Doe, Jujitsu, Karate, Kung <deleted> and Judo guys in the graveyard?

Judging by the responses to this thread, it would appear that many Thai Visa members are highly trained martial arts experts, or just plain ole tough guys that would break another guy in half if the need arose.

I wonder why internet forums and chatrooms attract such people, you would have thought these guys would have been out training, instead of spending their spare time rattling off thousands of meaningless posts on an anonymous internet forum. :o

How many dead Aikedo, Tae Kwon Doe, Jujitsu, Karate, Kung <deleted> and Judo guys in the graveyard?

Judging by the responses to this thread, it would appear that many Thai Visa members are highly trained martial arts experts, or just plain ole tough guys that would break another guy in half if the need arose.

I wonder why internet forums and chatrooms attract such people, you would have thought these guys would have been out training, instead of spending their spare time rattling off thousands of meaningless posts on an anonymous internet forum. :o

Training is a lot more work! :D

Orrrrrrr.......could it be that there is a very large number of forum members and proportionally the number of martial artists on this thread is acutally small. :D

This thread could have drawn the people interested in this subject simply from its title. Naw. Lets stick with the highly trained forum member theory. Does getting tossed around like a rag doll on several occassions count as a credential? :D

>>>>A real master of Tai Chi could easily fend off a puncher in a simular way and tie him up with a hold that he could never break.

Well from what i have experienced you take a boxer who trains with 16oz glove hours a day

when he takes those gloves off you wont be able to see his punches never mind block them.

OK you might block the first one but the second one will cream you and that second punch

will be 1 nano-second behind the first.

What i dont like about most of these martial arts is they are a business, they lure you in

with grand illusions you will be able to kick anyones a$$ as long as your membership is

up to date. Its a business and they will pump up your ego to keep the $$ coming in the

same as a BG stroking your leg asking for LT. Its the same. But then the paying practitioner

goes goes out with his pumped up ego and meets a streetfighter and gets crushed, this

is the part i dont like, because its just a scam.

I started in karate, i would say it was 50% scam as they did train hard and it was full

contact to the body. I got my black belt and was fighting alot outside in bars mostly to

get better and one day i unknowingly met a boxer, i connected first and hard and he kept

coming, i kept striking and he basically came in in and destroyed me. I got off the ground

and said "ok ok ,,, what style you do?" as he was obviously trained. He said he was a boxer.

I thought for a second blowing the blood out of nose and said "Can i join your school?"

So we exchanged numbers and that monday night i was in a Pro Gym. So let me summarize

my findings, not alot of time to post, i can post it all later if someone want to hear what

happened. Basically i say find a style that fights FULL CONTACT, these scam martial arts

schools wont do that because they want the bucks coming in and 90% of normal people

would not put up with this training as it is brutal and HURTS you will live in pain. But a full contact place knows

you are going to WAR and will prepare you, the martial arts scams will say "oh you might

get in a fight someday" where the full contact place knows you will be potentially killed

and will do their best to prepare you. I saw 3 fighters die in my time there, they went to

sleep after fights and never woke up. So its serious business. Fighting on the street is

more serious as there is no safety equipment or a ref to pull the guy off you. Who

will stop the guy from striking you after you are knocked out. The hardest thing i faced

myself was to stop hitting the guy after he was incompacitated because my adrenaline

was turned on like a fire hose and i dont know if the guy is feinting being hurt which happens

alot and i did sometimes myself to regain the upper hand. Its a streetfight, there are no rules, no

morals and reality get distorted quickly.

Any scam style that spouts using Ki energy is a joke. Tai chi is a joke, ya you will say a

Tai Chi master will kick your a$$, or some other master, well why dont i see these master

competing in UFC or PRIDE ?? Oh when UFC first started out there were many kung <deleted>,

tai chi, tae con you doe etc competing and you bet you a$$ they wanted to win, well

they got their a$$es handed to them, go look at UFC 1 thru 5, its a riot.

Ok lets look at another argument these scammers give you , well this kung <deleted> master will

kill a boxer, well maybe so, but this guy has been traing all his life and will have a problem

beating a boxer who has been training for a few years, full contact will bring you up up quickly

very fast while scammers will teach you their little kata dances and alot of belt tests to

wring more $$ out of you.

Guys i ran out of time, more later

nam

Tai chi is a joke, ya you will say a

Tai Chi master will kick your a$$, or some other master, well why dont i see these master

competing in UFC or PRIDE

I agree with much of what you say, but boxing is not superior to martial arts except for the fact that you learn how to throw and take a real punch. As you say, full contact matches are important.

As far as Tai Chi being a "joke", I agree that most practitioners don't even know how to use it for self defence, but I have seen true masters - the old guys from China - easily take on experts in hard arts like Karate, block their punch, put them in a hold and the guy couldn't move a muscle.