Int’l Small Packet-Air

Berty100

Had to return an item to Australia and used Int’l Small Packet-Air.

The package shows since June 8th as

Departure From Outward OEThailand Thai Post
SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE
But yet doesn't show in the Australian tracking system.
Called Thailand post and they told me 2 - 3 weeks.
Is this correct? I assumed it would take about a week or so.
If it takes 2-3 weeks for a air package, then how long it takes for Int’l Small Packet-Surf, which is much cheaper?
Just try to avoid similar mistakes if I need to send something in the future

It will not show in Auspost system. The last will be departibg Thailand.

Then it has to clear customs in Australia. It will only show AFTER delivery for proif of delivery.Usual period is 2-3 weeks dependant on Auspost. Surface about 6-8 weeks or more.

EMS would be very expensive now as they doubled the cost now around 2800 for small pkt. I have never known anything clear and be delivered in less than 10 days even with EMS.

The main problem is customs clearance and the continued problems with Thai originating post.

it will never show up on the aussie tracking as they do not scan them, I have been sending registered packages to Australia for years and they stopped scanning them into the aussie system a few years ago, when I queried them they confirmed that they no longer scan them, more profit less work. They are not scanned after they leave Suvarnabhumi airport, its aussie posts way of making more money, I have been told by aussie post if the person it is sent to phones and queries with the tracking number they should be able to help although some that have done that with the ones I sent were told they were not in Australia at all yet they arrived in the next day or two, aussie post has gone from the best in the world to the worst

it will never show up on the aussie tracking as they do not scan them, I have been sending registered packages to Australia for years and they stopped scanning them into the aussie system a few years ago, when I queried them they confirmed that they no longer scan them, more profit less work. They are not scanned after they leave Suvarnabhumi airport, its aussie posts way of making more money, I have been told by aussie post if the person it is sent to phones and queries with the tracking number they should be able to help although some that have done that with the ones I sent were told they were not in Australia at all yet they arrived in the next day or two, aussie post has gone from the best in the world to the worst

As you say they don't scan the package anymore, how would I be informed that it is delivered, since I have to receive a refund from Paypal?

• 3 months later...

Why is Intl small packet air cheaper than Int'l Letter Air ? Anyone know ? In this case letter is 91 baht and package is 66 baht . 

1 Int’l Letter-Air 91 +
2 Int’l Parcel-Surface 550 +
3 Int’l Small Packet-SAL 52 +
4 Int’l Letter-Surf 30 +
5 Int’l Small Packet-Surf 25 +
6 Int’l Small Packet-Air 66
Edited by balo

On 6/14/2016 at 1:45 PM, Berty100 said:

As you say they don't scan the package anymore, how would I be informed that it is delivered, since I have to receive a refund from Paypal?

you would need to get a signature on delivery, costs a bit  more than registered post otherwise you will not know