Brit mum appeals for help finding son, absconded from Bahrain

webfact

Brit mum appeals for help finding son, absconded from Bahrain
The Phuket News

1465871437_1-org.jpg
Oscar pictured with family on New Year’s Day 2015.

PHUKET: -- A worried mother is calling for any information that may connect her with her 21-year-old son, who she has not heard from since before he boarded a flight from Bahrain and arrived in Phuket on May 26.

“He left here under very odd circumstances and very much out of character. He has been a ‘model’ son for 21 years and is in his last year of study to be a licensed aircraft engineer, and he lives at home with us,” said mother Nina Lauri in an email to The Phuket News.

“He left without notifying anyone. He has deleted his Facebook account, destroyed his phone chip and left his house keys under the front doormat. He also left a very disturbing note,” she said.

Oscar Lauri-Webb is travelling on a British passport and arrived in Phuket from Bangkok at about 9:20pm on May 26 on Bangkok Airways Flight PG279, Ms Lauri said.

“I have contacts at our airport, immigration and Thai immigration and we managed to find out that he left the country and then we tracked his airline ticket,” she added.

Ms Lauri explained that Oscar visited Thailand in 2013, when he attended a Muay Thai camp in Phuket for two weeks with his instructor and four other boys from Bahrain. She suspects he has returned for this.

Ms Lauri’s hunch was right. Tiger Muay Thai (TMT) in Chalong this week confirmed that Oscar trained one-on-one at the camp five times since May 26, most recently on June 2.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/brit-mum-appeals-for-help-finding-son-absconded-from-bahrain-57853.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-06-14

Just sounds like he doesn't want to be found...

I do hope he is well.. I also feel his just letting his soul out for a while.. Probably sick of being the so called model son, as he's mum suggest..

Just sounds like he doesn't want to be found...

Possibly mum is a little too involved in his life. Not sure that "absconded" is the appropriate word. Maybe "escaped."

I wonder if she considered having him microchipped.

Edited by Suradit69

Things have changed, when I was 19- spent 3 months driving around Europe - down to Greece etc . Apart from the odd postcard home - nobody worried.

I know we live in a constant world of connectivity - maybe the young man wants a bit of freedom, stay up late, go to a bar or two, relax on the beach - go to his school .

Not having Mum hovering around making sure his socks are neatly put away.

My eldest boy left home after completing his apprenticeship in the UK to go grape picking in France /Spain. Hardly heard from him for two years. He returned like the prodigal son. He now has two children older than he was when he left home. Maybe Oscar has also freed the shackles of being at everyone's beck and call 27/7. I hope so. By the way, please don't knock his mother. All mothers are like this if you let them.

What is wrong with people these days? A 21 year old doing his own thing is normal. "Finding a son" but she knows where he is...................... move on Mum. He just wants to live his own life! Gee the days before internet we use wait 4 weeks for a post card..................facepalm.gif

What has he said in the disturbing note?

Anything on the lines of:

1: Suicide? But he's training again so seems content.

2. Decided to join ISIS or equivalent ? Scarry possibility, but authorities would surely mention this

3. Get off my back mum? Logical since the contents of the note have not been told by mum.

4. Other disturbing issues, which aren't that disturbing?

If the young girl in the photo came here, I'm sure many would rush out to find her.

Edited by mankondang

Deleted his Facebook and left a strange note? Maybe he had a girlfriend or boyfriend problem and just wants to get away to blow off some steam. Kicking into a boxing bag maybe just the medicine he needs at this point in his life. You can't always tell your mother everything , sometimes you just have to make an executive decision , he seems old enough to do that. Going solo on the spur off the moment is priceless.

2. Decided to join ISIS or equivalent ? Scarry possibility, but authorities would surely mention this

3. Get off my back mum? Logical since the contents of the note have not been told by mum.

If the young girl in the photo came here, I'm sure many would rush out to find her.

"dear mummy, im going to phuket".

...... wouldnt any parent find that disturbing?

Some people are very cynical on here.

Assuming the mamma is some kind of control freak stephen king novel character or something.

If he hasnt got a history of just dissapearing or going off unanounced before of course a parent would be concerned.

Obviously there are other unknown issues she hasnt gone into detail with, maybe drugs, mental illness whatever, but i dont think she is unreasonable to be worried.

"dear mummy, im going to phuket".

...... wouldnt any parent find that disturbing?

I'm a parent and I would not find that disturbing, more a relief....giggle.gif

I dont agree.This 21 year old has disappeared under abnormal circumstances.The act of leaving his keys under the mat indicates that he has no intention of coming home.The fact that he disappeared and cancelled his facebook is an indication that he does not want family,or friends to know where he is.This is a bit more than one flew over the cuckoo nest for a bit of girly fun and freedom.I would be worried because maybe he has mental problems that his mum is not aware of. I think we should wait and hear from the boy himself about his actions,before we start blaming the mother for mollycoddling him.

Another nutter arriving in Phuket.

Any distinguishing characteristics we should look for?

Anyone that needs a "license" should have it revoked after the Phuket arrival stamp is discovered in their passport, for reasons of insanity.

Edited by SiSePuede419

“I have contacts at our airport, immigration and Thai immigration and we managed to find out that he left the country and then we tracked his airline ticket,” she added.'

Always wanted to know what M stood for: head of MI5, Matahari...now I get it...it's MUM!

I have contacts at our airport, immigration and Thai immigration and we managed to find out that he left the country and then we tracked his airline ticket, she added.'

Always wanted to know what M stood for: head of MI5, Matahari...now I get it...it's MUM!

or maybe mommypenny ? :0)