UK tabloid urges Britain to free itself from ‘dictatorial Brussels’

webfact

In the event of a pull out, the UK is going to face a very expensive 2 years as it will be obliged to negotiate new trade and immigration treaties with every country that was relying on EU related treaties. 5,000+ regulations, directives in respect to statutes relating to the European internal market for goods, services, capital and people. 1,100 trade agreements that were made as part of the EU with other countries will have to be renegotiated.

Wait until the bills have to be paid.

I don't think the fans of Brexit quite grasp that they won't be able to prance into the EU to work, to visit, to shop etc. and that their products will be subject to EU duties.

If I have to get a visa to go into Europe so what! Most other places I travel I need to get one, one more won't make a jot of difference.

As for trade, I think you will find that we import more from the EU than what we export to the EU. If you think big business will cut of its nose to spite its face then good for you. But some how I can not see the likes of BMW, Mercedes, Audi, French wine, Italian clothes, dutch cheese etc etc saying that they aren't going to send their goods to the UK any more, and if they do then more fool them and I hope they can afford the loss in revenue

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we leave,then the E.U will eventually disintegrate

I hope so. Its nothing more than a dictatorship with unelected officials calling the shots.

Yes it is....agreed...and for those who think not....Junker said that countries need to be careful who they vote in to power (democratically i might add) because if the EU doesn't like them they won't deal with that country anymore....Ummmmm, is that not dictating

Edited by Caps

In the event of a pull out, the UK is going to face a very expensive 2 years as it will be obliged to negotiate new trade and immigration treaties with every country that was relying on EU related treaties. 5,000+ regulations, directives in respect to statutes relating to the European internal market for goods, services, capital and people. 1,100 trade agreements that were made as part of the EU with other countries will have to be renegotiated.

I don't think the fans of Brexit quite grasp that they won't be able to prance into the EU to work, to visit, to shop etc. and that their products will be subject to EU duties.

If Britain is allowed to leave then the dominoes affect will take place. The pain will be worth it. We have to get our democracy back.

... and you know that for a fact do you?

It is more likely that the EU will cease to exist if the UK exits and others follow.

I don't think Remainians grasp how big our balls are.

... and you know that for a fact do you?

It is more likely that the EU will cease to exist if the UK exits and others follow.

I don't think Remainians grasp how big our balls are.

I do hope you are correct...it will be the hugest upset on the planet cheesy.gif and it might wake up other countries who are fed up with it

What do these groups/people have in comon?

• Governor of the Bank of England

• International Monetary Fund

• Institute for Fiscal Studies

• Confederation of British Industry

• Leaders/heads of state of every single other member of the EU

• President of the United States of America

• Eight former US Treasury Secretaries

• President of China

• Prime Minister of India

• Prime Minister of Canada

• Prime Minister of Australia

• Prime Minister of Japan

• Prime Minister of New Zealand

• The chief executives of most of the top 100 companies in the UK including Marks and Spencer, BT, Asda, Vodafone, Virgin, IBM, BMW etc.

• Kofi Annan, the former Secretary General of the United Nations

• All living former Prime Ministers of the UK (from both parties)

• Virtually all reputable and recognised economists

• The Prime Minister of the UK

• The leader of the Labour Party

• The Leader of the Liberal Democrats

• The Leader of the Green Party

• The Leader of the Scottish National Party

• The leader of Plaid Cymru

• Leader of Sinn Fein

• Martin Lewis, that money saving dude off the telly

• The Secretary General of the TUC

• Unison

• National Union of Students

• National Union of Farmers

• Stephen Hawking

• Chief Executive of the NHS

• 300 of the most prominent international historians

• Director of Europol

• David Anderson QC, Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation

• Former Directors of GCHQ

• Secretary General of Nato

• Church of England

• Church in Scotland

• Church in Wales

• Friends of the Earth

• Greenpeace

• Director General of the World Trade Organisation

• WWF

• World Bank

• OECD

And these?

• Boris Johnson, who probably doesn’t really care either way, but knows he’ll become Prime Minister if the country votes to leave

• A former Secretary of State for Work and Pensions who carried out a brutal regime of cuts to benefits and essential support for the poorest in society as well as the disabled and sick

• That idiot that was Education Secretary and every single teacher in the country hated with a furious passion for the damage he was doing to the education system

• Leader of UKIP

• BNP

• Britain First

• Donald Trump

• Keith Chegwin

• David Icke

Not forgetting Rupert Murdoch and The Sun

Most of your above Remain list have some kind of power to preserve, stand to gain and have fingers in the collective pie. The less well off are mostly those who will vote Brexit and see no share in the status quo.

• President of China

• The chief executives of most of the top 100 companies in the UK including Marks and Spencer, BT, Asda, Vodafone, Virgin, IBM, BMW etc.

• Leader of Sinn Fein

• Unison

• Stephen Hawking

• Director of Europol

• Church of England

• Church in Scotland

• Church in Wales

• Friends of the Earth

• Greenpeace

• WWF

• World Bank

• OECD

And these?

• Boris Johnson, who probably doesn’t really care either way, but knows he’ll become Prime Minister if the country votes to leave

• A former Secretary of State for Work and Pensions who carried out a brutal regime of cuts to benefits and essential support for the poorest in society as well as the disabled and sick

• That idiot that was Education Secretary and every single teacher in the country hated with a furious passion for the damage he was doing to the education system

• Leader of UKIP

• BNP

• Britain First

• Donald Trump

• Keith Chegwin

• David Icke

Add the majority of the british electorate to the leave list,

checkmate

• President of China

• Leader of Sinn Fein

• Unison

• Stephen Hawking

• Director of Europol

• Church of England

• Church in Scotland

• Church in Wales

• Friends of the Earth

• Greenpeace

• WWF

• World Bank

• OECD

And these?

• Leader of UKIP

• BNP

• Britain First

• Donald Trump

• Keith Chegwin

• David Icke

Add the majority of the british electorate to the leave list,

checkmate

Also Tony Blair and Gordon Brown want us to stay in ,that's it ime out

Wow, if the EU did actually break up just imagine all those unemployed bureaucrats, that would be a lot of useless snouts looking for a new trough.

555 there are far too many bureaucrats.

What plans the UK then to do, with all their returning bureaucrats from Brussels?

Wow, if the EU did actually break up just imagine all those unemployed bureaucrats, that would be a lot of useless snouts looking for a new trough.

555 there are far too many bureaucrats.

What plans the UK then to do, with all their returning bureaucrats from Brussels?

Put the bureaucrats where they belong. On scrap heap. Let them sign on.

Most of them have been on the EU gravy train to long like Neil Kinnock and his mrs

sorry to say man, but that is some short term bullshit. give us some long term BS.

I hope so. Its nothing more than a dictatorship with unelected officials calling the shots.

Yes it is....agreed...and for those who think not....Junker said that countries need to be careful who they vote in to power (democratically i might add) because if the EU doesn't like them they won't deal with that country anymore....Ummmmm, is that not dictating

That sounds ... interesting. So, what exactly did Juncker allegedly say and to whom?

The "dictatorial" EU-Commission is indeed not elected but only approved (or rejected) by the European Parliament. IMHO that would be one of the most important reform steps the EU should take. The parliament should elect all commissioners and not only the president of the Commission. Nevertheless, the Commissioners are appointed by their governments, which are democratically elected. So, a minimum level of democratic principles is met.

Again, if anybody wants to see a dictatorship, just look at Thailand.

That sounds ... interesting. So, what exactly did Juncker allegedly say and to whom?

The "dictatorial" EU-Commission is indeed not elected but only approved (or rejected) by the European Parliament. IMHO that would be one of the most important reform steps the EU should take. The parliament should elect all commissioners and not only the president of the Commission. Nevertheless, the Commissioners are appointed by their governments, which are democratically elected. So, a minimum level of democratic principles is met.

Are you for real ? You think Thailand is a dictatorship ?

Take a trip to certain parts of Africa, you will discover what a dictatorship actually is.

For that matter its only the President in the USA that is elected the rest of his executive are appointed. In the UK none of the cabinet or the PM are elected they are all appointed and in some cases they are not even elected to Parliament. In the past one PM wasn't even elected as an MP but came straight from the un-elected House of Lords.

For that matter its only the President in the USA that is elected the rest of his executive are appointed. In the UK none of the cabinet or the PM are elected they are all appointed and in some cases they are not even elected to Parliament. In the past one PM wasn't even elected as an MP but came straight from the un-elected House of Lords.

And yet according to the mostly ill-informed Brexit brigade, the EU is somehow uniquely "undemocratic".

Take a trip to certain parts of Africa, you will discover what a dictatorship actually is.

I regard your post as one of the many highlights on this forum. Thailand is not a dictatorship because it is worse in Africa? Simply great.

I regard your post as one of the many highlights on this forum. Thailand is not a dictatorship because it is worse in Africa? Simply great.

I do not really care how you view it. That was not my point.

Thailand is a Dictatorship in all but name only. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

Thailand is a Dictatorship in all but name only. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

Are there free and fair elections in Thailand? Can a parliament or a court remove the PM from office? Is the PM's term limited or can he rule as long as it pleases him? Is the PM under the law? Are the PM's powers limitedly by laws?

While in Thailand all these questions unfortunately must be answered with "no", the EU would pass any dictatorship test easily. Anyway, I am not a last-word-fetishist. So, you are, off course, free to explain why Thailand is not a dictatorship. But I would not answer anymore. We definitely have no common ground to continue a rational discussion.

Are there free and fair elections in Thailand? Can a parliament or a court remove the PM from office? Is the PM's term limited or can he rule as long as it pleases him? Is the PM under the law? Are the PM's powers limitedly by laws?

While in Thailand all these questions unfortunately must be answered with "no", the EU would pass any dictatorship test easily. Anyway, I am not a last-word-fetishist. So, you are, off course, free to explain why Thailand is not a dictatorship. But I would not answer anymore. We definitely have no common ground to continue a rational discussion.

Are you a foreigner currently in Thailand ?

Are you free to come and go as you please ?

Are there millions of tourists coming to Thailand year on year ?

None of these would be happening if Thailand was a dictatorship. Take your wordplay and play with a real dictatorship.

The President of the unelected executive arm of the European Union (EU) has vowed to block all right wing populists from power across the continent, shortly after acquiring the power to exert “far-reaching sanctions” on elected governments.

Jean-Claude Juncker, the president of the European Commission, promised to exclude Norbert Hofer, the leader of Austria’s Freedom Party (FPÖ), from all EU decision-making if elected ahead of yesterday’s presidential vote.

The EU will isolate and use sanctions against any far-right or populist governments that are swept to power or presidential office on the wave of popular anger against migration.Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Commission, made clear at the weekend that Norbert Hofer would have been frozen out of EU decision-making if he had been elected president of Austria. “There is no debate or dialogue with the far-right,” Mr Juncker said

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/juncker-vows-to-use-new-powers-to-block-the-far-right-nq5r5tnqq

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/24/eu-vows-use-new-powers-block-elected-far-right-populists-power/

https://seeker401.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/juncker-vows-to-block-all-far-right-wing-populists-from-power-across-eu/

http://www.dailystormer.com/dictatorship-in-the-name-of-democracy-eu-vows-to-block-elected-populist-parties/

So who gave him that right?!

Edited by Caps

The President of the unelected executive arm of the European Union (EU) has vowed to block all right wing populists from power across the continent, shortly after acquiring the power to exert “far-reaching sanctions” on elected governments.

Jean-Claude Juncker, the president of the European Commission, promised to exclude Norbert Hofer, the leader of Austria’s Freedom Party (FPÖ), from all EU decision-making if elected ahead of yesterday’s presidential vote.

The EU will isolate and use sanctions against any far-right or populist governments that are swept to power or presidential office on the wave of popular anger against migration.Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Commission, made clear at the weekend that Norbert Hofer would have been frozen out of EU decision-making if he had been elected president of Austria. “There is no debate or dialogue with the far-right,” Mr Juncker said

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/juncker-vows-to-use-new-powers-to-block-the-far-right-nq5r5tnqq

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/24/eu-vows-use-new-powers-block-elected-far-right-populists-power/

https://seeker401.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/juncker-vows-to-block-all-far-right-wing-populists-from-power-across-eu/

http://www.dailystormer.com/dictatorship-in-the-name-of-democracy-eu-vows-to-block-elected-populist-parties/

The elected President of the EU Commission, which the EU Parliament approved, obviously made a political statement. That is his right as it is anybody’s right to make statements.

If he acts on that statement, he will do that according to the rights and obligations that the treaties assign to his position. If he oversteps, member states (e.g. Austria) or EU-institutions (Council of the Ministers or EU Parliament) can take the matter to the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg. On the political side, the EU parliament can vote for a motion of censure. With a respective majority the EU Parliament can force the whole Commission to resign.

The Commission is the guardian of the treaties. Recently, Poland and Hungary changed or tried to change their legislation in a way that the commission (and not only them) sees as a possible breach of the treaties. Juncker obviously made his statement in support of previous „warning shots“ in the direction of these countries.

The „Austrian case“ is a bit theoretical, as the right wing candidate did not make it. Furthermore, the Austrian President has no real power and is not involved in the EU decision making process anyway (as far as I know, anybody who knows better please correct me). That lets me believe that Juncker did not intend to act on his statement. If he had, see above regarding possible measures against him.

Good riddance. Hopefully once we leave the EU, Scotland will leave too! thumbsup.gif

Agreed!

Once we've left the EU, Scotland can leave the UK, and good riddance smile.png .

(That is what you meant, isn't it? gigglem.gif)

I am not British, so I read it this way:

Good riddance. Hopefully once we leave the EU, Scotland will leave the EU too!

Sounds appropriately desperate.smile.png

The elected President of the EU Commission, which the EU Parliament approved, obviously made a political statement. That is his right as it is anybody’s right to make statements.

If he acts on that statement, he will do that according to the rights and obligations that the treaties assign to his position. If he oversteps, member states (e.g. Austria) or EU-institutions (Council of the Ministers or EU Parliament) can take the matter to the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg. On the political side, the EU parliament can vote for a motion of censure. With a respective majority the EU Parliament can force the whole Commission to resign.

The Commission is the guardian of the treaties. Recently, Poland and Hungary changed or tried to change their legislation in a way that the commission (and not only them) sees as a possible breach of the treaties. Juncker obviously made his statement in support of previous „warning shots“ in the direction of these countries.

The „Austrian case“ is a bit theoretical, as the right wing candidate did not make it. Furthermore, the Austrian President has no real power and is not involved in the EU decision making process anyway (as far as I know, anybody who knows better please correct me). That lets me believe that Juncker did not intend to act on his statement. If he had, see above regarding possible measures against him.

You can flower it up how you like, its got naff all to do with him who a country votes for and its got nothing to do with the Commission. After all we are all free countries..unless he gets his way

Almost every Brit that I know or speak with wants to leave the EU. Apparently, many Uk citizens has had enough of the EU policies that are opposed by many in the UK. If the UK does pull out expect a temporary decline in both the Pound and Euro but then a stronger Pound and a weaker Euro. Once Britain pulls out expect Germany to go next.

I would have thought Holland would have been next.

IMHO if Germany and Holland were to follow the UK into a Brexit the the EU as is is at the present simply will not be able to survive financially and it would indeed lead to the breakup of the EU. If you were to throw Spain and Italy into leaving as well it would be a worst case scenario for the EU.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/316691/european-union-eu-budget-share-of-contributions/

If hat happened the EU would up like a giant council estate in decline.

You can flower it up how you like, its got naff all to do with him who a country votes for and its got nothing to do with the Commission. After all we are all free countries..unless he gets his way

Indeed, free peoples can elect their governments as they choose. But the elected governments must stick to the EU treaties. If they do not, the Commission has the right and the obligation(!) to step in.

Edited by jope