Avast free versus Avast Internet Security

Cloggie

I use Avast for years and never had a problem with my PC - well only when I upgraded Windows 7 => Windows 10 I forget to shutdown Avast so the upgrade failed (to be honest kudos for Avast!)

As Avast always worked for me I decided to pay last year for Avast Internet Security for one year as it was only US$ 19.99 / THB 714

This year they want US$ 39.99 / THB 1.429 so I decided to have a look at the difference between Free Antivirus and Avast Internet Security - have a look here: https://www.avast.com/compare-antivirus

As an IT guy I try to find the TECHNICAL reason why I should pay now twice as much as last year or maybe I should switch back to Free Antivirus....

Let's have a look:

1) Spot fakes Make sure the banking site you’re visiting is the one you think it is.

2) Shop till you drop Not till someone steals your details.

3) Shield your privacy Stop anyone and everyone from getting to your computer.

4) Avoid spam at all costs Keep your inbox clean, lean, and organized.

Remark:

1) I can see that it is my bank as they use HTTPS and I see a 'green lock' - don't need Internet Security for that

2) No idea what they try to tell me here...

3) Looks like Internet Security installs the Avast Firewall - okay perfect, never a problem so far...

4) I use Gmail so I hardly have any spam, not sure if Internet Security can help me here

They both have SafeZone (what I always use for Internet Banking) so I do not see a compelling reason to stay with Internet Security at the moment.

So again what is TECHNICAL reason that Internet Security is - much - better then Free Antivirus??

Thanks for your explanation.