Completely wipe clean a iphone

GaryB1263

Don't know about the i-phone specifically but there were a number of stories in the tech press a few months ago that a standard "Reset" didn't do the job completely.

Link please.

But the only thing you can access on a NON-Jailbroken iPhone from a PC is the DCIM (Camera files) location, and then it would still be difficult to "un-erase" them.

I am giving someone my 5s phone. Is there a way to completely wipe the memory on this phone? I am giving it to a woman.

The best, easiest and most effective way to wipe out the memory in a phone is the throw it full force against a wall.

Then you should give it to a woman.

Edited by Rayk

Don't know about the i-phone specifically but there were a number of stories in the tech press a few months ago that a standard "Reset" didn't do the job completely.

Link please.

But the only thing you can access on a NON-Jailbroken iPhone from a PC is the DCIM (Camera files) location, and then it would still be difficult to "un-erase" them.

https://www.androidpit.com/why-a-factory-reset-doesn-t-wipe-all-your-data

Here is a link to one of the articles I referred to, specifically about Android, not IOS.

• 2 months later...
On 18/06/2016 at 7:54 AM, MJCM said:

Link please.

Irecovery stick for iPhone can recover the deleted data.

• 2 weeks later...