Bangkok Internationa Auto Show 30nov - 11dec06

dvk1951

Read on another forum that the BIA show is coming the end of this month can anyone verify this, I have not seen it advertised anywhere else.

Of those of you who have made the journey, would you recommend it (the show, not the journey)?????

I know it is not the Detroit Auto Show but then again this is not Detroit.

Jaidee,

Had found that site before, unfortunately it is a single page of info, all of the supposed links to further info will not be available until Oct. :D:D and my calendar seems to not coincide with the Thai calendar :o Don't know what info is available with a 'press' login, I send all my shirts out.

Was hoping to find out how big the show was and if it was worth taking a day to visit.

Check out this website.

Its at the Impact Exhibition & Convention Center, Muang Thong Thani... from 30th November to 11th December.

Edited by dvk1951

Jaidee,

Had found that site before, unfortunately it is a single page of info, all of the supposed links to further info will not be available until Oct. :D:D and my calendar seems to not coincide with the Thai calendar :o Don't know what info is available with a 'press' login, I send all my shirts out.

Was hoping to find out how big the show was and if it was worth taking a day to visit.

Check out this website.

Its at the Impact Exhibition & Convention Center, Muang Thong Thani... from 30th November to 11th December.

I went last year, they actually sell cars at this show, unlike most other motor shows. The most interesting thing about it for me was the accessories section. Loads of shops showing off there wares. For the cars...last year Ford had the new GT40 on show...that was about it for interesting motors :D plenty of totty though :D

It's more of a fair than a show - they judge the success by how many cars were sold.

Last year BMW and Benz gave it a miss.

Still, it's an opportunity to have a close look at all cars on sale in Thailand in one place. It's like one big showroom but without test drives.

You can quickly compare anything you want - reclining back seats, cubby holes, location of aricon vents, material quality, sound of a closing door etc. etc.

Sounds like the theme of the show is SELL SELL SELL and not Show Show Show, this all masked behind the title 'International Auto Show'.

Perhaps Auto Sale Extravaganza would be more accurate but as Plus stated, it is a change to kick tires and compare makes without the inconvience of driving from showroom to showroom.

Anyone else having problem opening the link JaiDee posted? It's asking for user name & password and if cancelled says:

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.36 Server at www.autoinfo.co.th Port 80

:o

Sure did Guardian, but I think that link is for 'media' personnel only and assume that they (media,press) are able to register with BIAS and then log in for access to press related info. Besides none of the other links work either so at least the site is consistent in it's failures.

Anyone else having problem opening the link JaiDee posted? It's asking for user name & password and if cancelled says:
Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.36 Server at www.autoinfo.co.th Port 80

:o

Edited by dvk1951