Fly Screens On The Outside

SamSipEt

We have the upvc double glazing units that open inside the house with roller screen nets on the outside and they work very well. The nets are easy to clean and we only use the nets on the widows we have open as you can just roll them up if you dont want to use them.

scotsman,

If at all possible, could you post a picture or link to what type of window you're talking about? It sounds interesting.

Well this is the best pic i have at the moment the company who installed them are A.R.C pattaya.post-15378-1163681892_thumb.jpgpost-15378-1163682095_thumb.jpg

Thanks scotsman,

I found their website:

http://www.arcaircon.com/windows/company.html

I'll give them a call.

Just a quick note. I see from your profile that youre from Changmai, Try www.duro-products.com

they have offices in Phuket Bangkok and CHANGMAI that offer exactly the same sort of stuff as ARC, (Im Guessing Pattaya to Changmai maybe a tad to far for them! ) ? Hope this helps

I does indeed help. Thank You very much.

When I first had my house built here in Thailand, many years ago now, I had quite a discussion with the builders, insisting that the Aluminium sliding doors and windows had the mosquito screens outside and the sliding – closing – window portion on the inside.

My reason was nothing to do with the screens per se but it’s a fairly simple security device to deter intruders from breaking in by forcing open the glass window / door.

If you put a measured length of broomstick in the inside, bottom runner of the frame (when the window or door is closed) it’s impossible to open it without breaking the glass.

Patrick

The mosquitos in Alaska are legendary.....probably in Canada too....any Canadians or Alaskans here?

Chownah

I worked in the woods in SE Alaska out of Ketchikan and some of the critters looked as big as small birds. However, that part of the world is classified as 'temperate rain forest'...what's a rain forest without mosquitos?

We have the upvc double glazing units that open inside the house with roller screen nets on the outside and they work very well. The nets are easy to clean and we only use the nets on the widows we have open as you can just roll them up if you dont want to use them.

scotsman,

If at all possible, could you post a picture or link to what type of window you're talking about? It sounds interesting.

Some interesting information and website link. We are having traditional Thai windows installed into our house and the issue of flyscreens has now come to our attention. I think we should have gone with the Western windows and doors, but it's too late now.

Scotsman, I tried to see the nets on your windows but couldn't really make them out. Also tried to log on to the 2 websites provided on this topic, but they only provide information on the actual doors and windows not the nets/flyscreen.

Any further information would be greatly appreciated as our house is being built in regional central Thailand and not BKK. I am not there at the moment and trying to gather as much information as possible.

Thanks

Makyai

The mosquitos in Alaska are legendary.....probably in Canada too....any Canadians or Alaskans here?

Chownah

Much of Canada has serious B-52 mozzies that hatch with spring thaw.

The worst are blackflies which leave really big welts. They treat mosquito repellents as cocktails.

scotsman,

Some interesting information and website link. We are having traditional Thai windows installed into our house and the issue of flyscreens has now come to our attention. I think we should have gone with the Western windows and doors, but it's too late now.

Scotsman, I tried to see the nets on your windows but couldn't really make them out. Also tried to log on to the 2 websites provided on this topic, but they only provide information on the actual doors and windows not the nets/flyscreen.

Any further information would be greatly appreciated as our house is being built in regional central Thailand and not BKK. I am not there at the moment and trying to gather as much information as possible.

Thanks

Makyai

The flyscreens are on a roller inside a aluminum box that are attached to the top of the window. There are 2 runners that the screen come down on, the screen has a plastic leading edge with a brush on it. You have 2 plastic clips that hold the screens when you pull it down to the bottom of the window. The screens are slightly spring loaded and roll back up very easily. They are specially made for the windows. Hope that helps you :o