Thai govt to simplify public services

webfact

Govt to simplify public services

BANGKOK, 15 June 2016 (NNT) – The government is set to enhance public services by simplifying the procedures to ensure efficiency and convenience, and is urging the media to help promote the progress to attract more investment.

The Assistant Government Spokesperson Col Taksada Sangkhachan said that with regard to the "Doing Business" conference chaired by the Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha on 13 June that there was discussion of the simplification of government services by reducing procedures and implement information technology to provide more convenience and to expedite services from government agencies to the public.

The government is also aiming to issue special commands to facilitate and enhance the efficiency of services to the business sector without compromising the existing law.

The Prime Minister mentioned that the progress which the government has made to improve its services and to push forward the economy hasn’t been promoted much, and urged the media to help communicate to the public and the global community on this matter to show Thailand’s strength and competitiveness, with the hope of attracting more investment from foreign countries.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-15 footer_n.gif

"The Prime Minister mentioned that the progress which the government has made to improve its services and to push forward the economy hasn’t been promoted much, and urged the media to help communicate to the public and the global community on this matter to show Thailand’s strength and competitiveness, with the hope of attracting more investment from foreign countries."

Worth a try...

or a giggle...

Winnie

when you have one department tell you they can not cancel

a work permit even though you have all the correct paper work ,

triple checked , because it was issued in Bangkok and you are trying to cancel

the permit in Korat,

Then surely the lack of communication within its own department tells you

that the government sector in trying to promote its self as efficient and steamlined

making it easier to do business within Thailand is a delusional fantasy

just because you say it is so, does not mean it is SO,

extremely frustrating to do anything in this country. i once tried for years to transfer my work permit from samui to pattay. eventually i was picked up for having the wrong address in my work permit. cops held my passport for 2 years, over 80K thb in fines and 'fees' paid to get it back. i find it hard to believe anything will change. if anything i am sure a new layer of complication will be added with this latest round of simplification.

extremely frustrating to do anything in this country. i once tried for years to transfer my work permit from samui to pattay. eventually i was picked up for having the wrong address in my work permit. cops held my passport for 2 years, over 80K thb in fines and 'fees' paid to get it back. i find it hard to believe anything will change. if anything i am sure a new layer of complication will be added with this latest round of simplification.

Administrative chaos seems endemic in all primitive countries, Thailand is no different. It's never anyone's fault though, just the way it is. That's why they call it the 3rd world, because it's 3rd rate.

Good job the weather's good eh?

Winnie

Land office; seven public servants at the wickets dealing directly with the public, no authority to deal with anything. Four desks in second row, sorters of paperwork, no authority to do anything. Two desks in third row, stamping of paperwork, no authority to approve anything. At the apex of the triangle of ineptitude and inefficiency is the BOSS, he overlooks, approves and signs every piece of paper that passes through the office. That is why Thais must learn to delegate.

x x x x x x x

x x x x

x x

x

Land office; seven public servants at the wickets dealing directly with the public, no authority to deal with anything. Four desks in second row, sorters of paperwork, no authority to do anything. Two desks in third row, stamping of paperwork, no authority to approve anything. At the apex of the triangle of ineptitude and inefficiency is the BOSS, he overlooks, approves and signs every piece of paper that passes through the office. That is why Thais must learn to delegate.

x x x x x x x

x x x x

x x

x

All part of their charm mate.

They think.

W

I guess that foreigners would have a large number of suggestions for simplifying the work of the Thai immigration services.

Post of the Month! Why not have a five year retirement extention. Pay 5x the annual rate and reduce the workload (and pita factor) by 4x or is that too private sector minded?

I guess that foreigners would have a large number of suggestions for simplifying the work of the Thai immigration services.

Post of the Month! Why not have a five year retirement extention. Pay 5x the annual rate and reduce the workload (and pita factor) by 4x or is that too private sector minded?

my guess is that they like to remind us every year that we are guests in thailand. even 2 year visas would be a vast improvement, i would even be willing to pay 3 times the amount to save going through the hassle.