Tennis In Bkk Or Phuket, Where?

Lorin

On Sukhimvit Soi 38 is a facility called Santisook.

They have several experienced 'knockers' who can hit with you and get you started. 5 Outdoor, 3 Indoor courts.

If you get more serious you might try one of the tennis academies but they are out of Bkk a bit ..... like the TA of Asia is out by the old airport but have good programs for all.

On Sukhimvit Soi 38 is a facility called Santisook.

They have several experienced 'knockers' who can hit with you and get you started. 5 Outdoor, 3 Indoor courts.

If you get more serious you might try one of the tennis academies but they are out of Bkk a bit ..... like the TA of Asia is out by the old airport but have good programs for all.

Thank you for the information, distance is not a problem, just want to bring myself to shape again and tennis sounds like something fun and burn enough calories. What is TA of Asia? I couldnt find any info on the net. Can you tell me more please?

• 2 weeks later...

a great place to play is on Sukvt soi 24 The Capital Club, they have a Japanese-ran tennis academy, as well as Thai pros from the club that can offer private lessons. They have a bunch of courts to include 2 stadium courts...

i caution you that the president of the capital club is quite inept, and I ended my membership here on this basis. but all in all its great for learning and playing tennis.

i want to know how much for playing tennis at tennis courts at Nai leart hotel ( wireless road) anyone know? plz tell me.

thank you in advance.

my notes say Nai lert is 950bht for non-members, including a hitter (or knocker as they call it here)... It is probably much less if you have your own playing partner tho

Forgot to answer one question earlier.

TA is Tennis Academy of Asia which is out near the old airport.

Lorin .... glad you got to try out Santisook. Nice friendly people there too. But sometimes not easy to get a reservation as they book up the month quickly.

Forgot to answer one question earlier.

TA is Tennis Academy of Asia which is out near the old airport.

Lorin .... glad you got to try out Santisook. Nice friendly people there too. But sometimes not easy to get a reservation as they book up the month quickly.

Thank you for the info provided, now regarding the tennis gear, I got the rockette already, where should I buy shirts/shorts/shoes? Any brand names for that sport?

Best place i found to play is Piyarom sports club down at Sukhumvit 101/1.

Its the home of one of the major Asian tournaments, and the facilities are great.

For a less informal knock, i like the courts on Sukhumvit 26, near to Carrefour.

The club at Sathorn Soi 1 is also definately worth a look.