Any Noticeable Changes in Pattaya?

hdkane

Yes, I notice a BIG change.......NOT! :-( Still a stink hole with the usual number of pissheads out and about in the wee hours of the morning running the red lights as if it were green???? Same shit, different day, eh! :-(

More do that all day long sober. thumbsup.gif but no one cares. coffee1.gif

Edited by onemorechang

None what so ever...and I don't expect anything different then what they had been doing the past few months. I think someone needs to [police the police. The new Mayor is not Military, although he and his fellow new group of leaders were designated to manage the city my the Military.

Is the military coming to take over in Pattaya too?

thailand-military.jpg?resize=300%2C169Not quite, we are told. However, the military are appointing a committee of twelve members, Chanatpong Sriviset, taking over as acting mayor. And that’s all. Instead of an election there will be the appointment of a team of experts, chosen by the military.

It remains to be seen how that will all work out but, along with the arrival of a new police chief and a promise to clean up the crime rate in the town, there may well be a greater police and/or military presence on the streets.

Some would say this is a good thing. We are about to find out.

It'll be interesting to see if bar owners and the like, who have to pay monthly backhanders to all kinds of extorting officials are suddenly released from having to fund this corruption; does it stay the same or does it get worse under the military?

So far it looks like they are mainly targeting Thai drinking bars. We have heard of some raids on Walking Street gogos, but it's not like they're bulldozing their way through the lot.

No beach chairs on Wedensdays.

nope, they are still here on Wednesdays i'm afraid

@ 4:10

this was in April

What a boring video. And you are incorrect, the beach chairs on PATTAYA BEACH are not set up on Wednesdays, just like they haven't been for a long time.

According to this, was meant to be jomtien as well

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/795065-pattaya-beach-to-be-free-of-bench-chair-every-wednesday/

Pattaya beach to be free of bench chair every Wednesday

CHONBURI, 26 January 2015 (NNT) – The Chonburi Governor has will be keeping the Pattaya and Jomtien Beaches bench chair free every Wednesday to maintain the scenery of the natural tourist attractions.

Edited by Rimmer