Flight's With Thia Partner Back To Uk

Well hi to you all just one question,from people's past experience's when you have gone through the process of getting the visa's for your thia partner's,which way have you gone about getting a flight back for them,what i'am asking is in january my partner will be applying for her uk tourist visa along with my son i'am in two mind's what to do as to flight's do i book a oneway ticket to thialand which i have heard can course problem's or do i book a return and hope that i can get the same flight back with my partner and son providing all goes smoothly at the embassy,i plan to be in thialand for around a month so any help would be helpful.

Well hi to you all just one question,from people's past experience's when you have gone through the process of getting the visa's for your thia partner's,which way have you gone about getting a flight back for them,what i'am asking is in january my partner will be applying for her uk tourist visa along with my son i'am in two mind's what to do as to flight's do i book a oneway ticket to thialand which i have heard can course problem's or do i book a return and hope that i can get the same flight back with my partner and son providing all goes smoothly at the embassy,i plan to be in thialand for around a month so any help would be helpful.

Don't presume anything and get flights after the visas.

Don't presume anything and get flights after the visas.
Which is what the official advice says.

mikeybee, I assume that you are resident in the UK? if so, trying to enter Thailand on the 30 day tourist visa waiver without a return or onward ticket may cause you problems if the IO is feeling like sticking to the rules. Alternatively, buying a return and then trying to get tickets for your wife and son on the same flight could also prove difficult.

Are you prepared to take the risk (very slight risk) of being refused entry to Thailand because you don't have a return or onward ticket?

Or

Are you prepared to pay any fee required by the airline to change your flight to the same one your wife and son are on?

I'm afraid the best I can offer is that it is up to you.

I would buy an open ticket for 1 year - and use the return leg anytime in the future, even transfering the ticket to your relative. Single or return fare usually is no difference.

if you really want to fly one way do it through Hong Kong - there is a new budget airline flying from London - than ferry to Macau and another budget airline to Bangkok