PM Prayut explains Thailand’s current situation to UN

webfact

PM Prayut explains Thailand’s current situation to UN

"Ban Ki-moon fully understands Thailand now, which has been impossible for a foreigner before. But I explained it to him and he did not ask me questions. Still, I will be sending officials to the UN soon to explain my explanations even more, so their understanding of Thailand will be more than full, it will overflow and cause flooding and traffic jam in Ratchadaemnon and surroundings. To make it clear: the government is not suppressing people's wishes to share their opinions, the government is suppressing the sharing of opinions. Ban Ki-moon fully understands."

A good leader leads, and people will follow voluntarily on their free will, inspired by his actions (and charisma).

A bad leader stays behind, gives orders and sends his henchmen to batter the people into submission.

I am so delighted that this article could clear up perfectly with whom we all have to deal right now. Thank you!

I think the guy's here have reported in kind the sentiment felt by many from the international community about Prayut explanation to the UN, , however what caught my eye was the comment by DMP ( one of 50 ) Pawtwit that the UDD needn't worry about an dishonesty box as the administration had one, this doesn't cut much grass with free enterprise, all the UDD is doing is supplying an alternative choice...................................coffee1.gif .

Sounds like the good general has told the UN a whopper

The good general has walked straight into the UDD trap.

He is now exposed for what he is, and can no longer pretend to Thailand that he has the support of the international community.

He evidently listened to Ban Ki Moon for 5 minutes then unloaded a 25 minute rant. He must have seemed like a lunatic. Not what the international community is used to, nor expects. And then he held a press release to announce he unloaded on the UN to the world.

Jeez, who *is* this guy? He looks like a clown to everybody now. I suspect this is one of his coffin's final nails. look for the junta to unload him at an appropriate time, he's just an embarrassment to them and to Thailand.

Well done UDD for forcing Grumpy to expose himself as a thug and a charlatan.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

He would claim he is preventing a civil war ...that the reds are plotting murders and mayhem .

He would falsify stories that his intelligence agencies have on these red terrors trying to open anti fraud shops.

The general would insist he represents the finest and traditional owners of the land and Regal concerns.

I doubt Mr Moon would get much of a say .

The ramblings would go on for some time.

I imagine his briefings would be detailed and he simply decided to hear him out.

Then have his say on lack of freedoms.

It's disgusting sanctions haven't been applied as yet.

But I imagine its because they think the oppression would only worsen.?

However at some point the UN must make it simple and clear .

You can't lock up people for being against a referendum that's being presented by a military state .

It's a basic freedom to say ""vote no""

When you not only rule by gun.

Oppress the populace in a climate of fear .

And outlaw voices

There are no longer diplomatic solutions.

I suspect the call with Mr Moon is buying time.

But this time is shorting .

Like a book we are arriving at a juicer part of the plot with a direction that shows slowly the characters and players and the course where their paths will clash

"There are no longer diplomatic solutions."

Indeed. I fully agree.

W

Saying things like ' I understand, I see " etc must be dangerous when used here. It's easy enough to understand what's been said without agreeing or accepting it so did the Secy. Gen. qualify his understanding ?

Probably wouldn't matter if he did as ' understanding ' is all the PM and his team would want to hear and it then forms the basis of a media release.

Jamie believes everything the good General says.

Jamie is either on the payroll or a true believer, and I'm not sure which would be worse. I did hear he's a sock-puppet for one of the non=paid staff on TV, but I have no idea if that is true or not.

Winnie

After hearing the speech Mr Moon said. "Is there anyone else there we can talk to?" And the general said. "No. Now go away before I taunt you a second time!"

I love it when people make up porky pies up when the truth does not suit their agenda. It is reminiscent of the UDD.

Response by Mr Ki Moon below.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=54274&Cr=thailand&Cr1=#.V2iO_Vd0VE5

"the Secretary-General stressed that an open and inclusive debate would be essential to ensuring the legitimacy of the constitution and achieving national unity." That is the key message from UN in the link you provided - do you believe this is the case in the current debate climate in this country?

If you then click on "past stories in this issue" you will meet a story from the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights that says same words "An open and dynamic public debate on the draft Constitution would foster national unity, strengthen the legitimacy and acceptance of the Constitution and provide a sense of collective ownership".

It is then floowed by another statement "As a matter of priority, I call on the Government to suspend the application of these dangerously sweeping laws and orders that have bestowed more power upon the military."

After hearing the speech Mr Moon said. "Is there anyone else there we can talk to?" And the general said. "No. Now go away before I taunt you a second time!"

I love it when people make up porky pies up when the truth does not suit their agenda. It is reminiscent of the UDD.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=54274&Cr=thailand&Cr1=#.V2iO_Vd0VE5

erm. I think you'll find he was joking...

Sad when you have to explain obvious jests but I guess some folk just don't have the hardware to understand.

Winnie

You should maybe read the full statement:

Referring to reports about restrictions on the freedoms of expression, opinion and assembly ahead of the 7 August referendum on the draft constitution, the Secretary-General stressed that an open and inclusive debate would be essential to ensuring the legitimacy of the constitution and achieving national unity.

On a side note: I think you re a lost cause. As long as you support a dict Junta which used its unlimited power to grant itself amnesty for past/present and futur actions, threaten the families of students who protest and use arbitrary detention, abuse of lese majeste laws, you cannot criticize the Thaksin'clique and not being taxed as a big Troll

I don't believe Thailand gives a hoot what outsiders think. They travel their own path it seems.

I don't think the people currently running Thailand give a hoot...

The rest (most) of the population have no voice anyway. Their right to express any opinion has been removed, no doubt for the benefit of their own happinessisn't' that so Djamie?

Edited by JAG

You should maybe read the full statement:

Referring to reports about restrictions on the freedoms of expression, opinion and assembly ahead of the 7 August referendum on the draft constitution, the Secretary-General stressed that an open and inclusive debate would be essential to ensuring the legitimacy of the constitution and achieving national unity.

On a side note: I think you re a lost cause. As long as you support a dict Junta which used its unlimited power to grant itself amnesty for past/present and futur actions, threaten the families of students who protest and use arbitrary detention, abuse of lese majeste laws, you cannot criticize the Thaksin'clique and not being taxed as a big Troll

One of many, friend, one of many.

Some lights burn bright, some burn dim; nature accommodates all.

Winnie

He has principles at least, its the decades of corruption who fight progress. AL CAPONES are every where here.

You think "" he has principles ""

You state this as fact.

It's says alot about the formation of opinions .

Who perhaps helped you form these.

Do you ignore and/ or over look what he is doing to the Thai populace?

May I ask would you subject yourself willingly to the same oppression ?

Or is this again .....another good principle to tolerate for the sake of National Happiness ...as proscribed by military rulers?

The man is actually a Pawn being used to sell elitist rule as a substitute for democracy .....

And uses force

He has principles at least, its the decades of corruption who fight progress. AL CAPONES are every where here.

You think "" he has principles ""

You state this as fact.

It's says alot about the formation of opinions .

Who perhaps helped you form these.

Do you ignore and/ or over look what he is doing to the Thai populace?

May I ask would you subject yourself willingly to the same oppression ?

Or is this again .....another good principle to tolerate for the sake of National Happiness ...as proscribed by military rulers?

The man is actually a Pawn being used to sell elitist rule as a substitute for democracy .....

And uses force

"The man is actually a Pawn being used to sell elitist rule as a substitute for democracy .....

And uses force"

You got that exactly right. But the times, they are a-changing. The age of the dinosaurs is passing. A bit slow, but better late than never.

Winnie

According to the front page report about the 30 minute conversation in today's Bangkok Post, the General said that he called and spoke for 25 minutes. The Secretary-General spoke for 5 minutes

Personally I am pleased he takes on the UDD leaders on Trumped up charges

For Thailand to truly Change ""big wheels need to turn"

The old adage of ""it's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees "" might become a sublime mantra when fires are stoked.

These minor incursions into openly punishing the masses popular party leaders, are a welcome advancement in the script

The elephant stirs .

It's not long before it wakes.

• 3 weeks later...

I came across this yesterday and couldn't help but remember djjamie's strange perception of reality:

"The Office of U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon took the highly unusual step of refuting a Thai delegation’s account of a meeting held late last month on the referendum and freedom of expression."

“The statements made to the Thai press by some members of the delegation and reflected in reporting in the press that the [deputy secretary-general] ‘is not concerned’ about the referendum did not accurately reflect the conversation that took place, where he clearly raised concerns, including about freedom of expression and the need for an open dialogue ahead of the referendum,” http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/07/06/un-issues-refutes-rosy-thai-account-meeting-referendum-rights/

I came across this yesterday and couldn't help but remember djjamie's strange perception of reality:

"The Office of U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon took the highly unusual step of refuting a Thai delegation’s account of a meeting held late last month on the referendum and freedom of expression."

“The statements made to the Thai press by some members of the delegation and reflected in reporting in the press that the [deputy secretary-general] ‘is not concerned’ about the referendum did not accurately reflect the conversation that took place, where he clearly raised concerns, including about freedom of expression and the need for an open dialogue ahead of the referendum,” http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/07/06/un-issues-refutes-rosy-thai-account-meeting-referendum-rights/

Not surprising.

The grasp that Thais have of the concepts of truth and reality are fragile at best.

Winnie

Not surprising.

The grasp that Thais have of the concepts of truth and reality are fragile at best.

Winnie

I think it goes beyond that since this is but the latest example of a string of incidents.A working assumption must be made that in any public report on a meeting between the military rulers or its stooges and a foreign entity, the local side will seek to misrepresent and/or lie.

This case is only unusual in that the misrepresented foreign side has administered a well deserved slap in the liars' face.