Murder of handicapped bread seller in Bangkok - case sent to DPP

webfact

Murder of handicapped bread seller - case sent to DPP

s2a.jpg
Image: tnamacot

BANGKOK: -- Chok Chai police have prepared their case against seven young people charged in the murder of Somkiat Srichan who died after being assaulted with knives in the Lat Prao area of Bangkok at the start of May.

Four of the seven are children of policemen at the eastern Bangkok station, reported tnamcot. One is a girl who egged on the assailants after arriving at the scene in a taxi.

The main charge is murder with intent. Police have said that there is not sufficient evidence to support a charge of premeditated murder.

Somkiat, a bread delivery man,was killed after being attacked in the early hours of Sunday May 1st. He had a handicap of the leg.

The dossier submitted to the director of public prosecutions was 417 pages long. There are also charges against the youths of having weapons, namely knives, in a public place and four out of the seven face other charges.

Deputy chief at the Chok Chai station Alongkorn Sirisongkram has said that the case has been properly prepared with the best interests of justice in mind for all concerned, including society at large.

Source: tnamacot

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-22

Murder charge lodged against 7 suspects for the death of a disabled victim

2106008-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police have decided to file three criminal charges, including murder, against seven men allegedly involved in the beating up and killing of a disabled man in Lat Phrao area over a month ago.

A video clip of the violent incident went viral in the social media and generated many comments condemning the group some of whom are policemen’s children. Several netizens also expressed concern that the police at Chokechai police station who have jurisdiction over the case might not file murder charge against the suspects. Wellknown businessman Vikrom Krommadit also posted his comment in his Facebook page calling for the execution of the suspects for the murder of the helpless victim, Mr Somkiat Srichan.

Pol Lt-Col Alongkorn Srisongkram, the chief enquiry officer of Chokechai police, said that the seven suspects would be charged with murder and illegal possession of knives in public without proper reasons. Four of them face an additional charge of intrusion into a house.

He said the police had dismissed the prosecution lawyer’s demand for pre-meditated murder charge against the suspects, claiming that there was no evidence suggesting that the murder was plotted in advance.

The lawyer, Mr Anantachai Chaidet, has lodged a petition with the attorney-general’s office demanding that the seven suspects be charged with premeditated murder.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/murder-charge-lodged-7-suspects-death-disabled-victim/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-22

I wonder if the 7 are still in the remand jail, I know there has been a bit of a delay in getting to this point, and enough other disgracefulness for these to get some bail granted without the media getting wind of it.

Either way this group of idiots deserve the maximum sentence, and i'd personally prefer to see them rot for 50 years in a cell than get the needle. I'd be surprised however if they do more than a decade inside though, even that would pushing it I feel through. Very sad case

I am not a lawyer ( although some might allege of the barrack room variety) but I would have thought that taking a taxi to the scene to "egg on" the perpetrators would indicate a significant degree of premeditation?

Edited by JAG

I am not a lawyer ( although some might allege of the barrack room variety) but I would have thought that taking a taxi to the scene to "egg on" the perpetrators would indicate a significant degree of premeditation?

More to what happened! I would have thought that going home to get knives and then returning and killing that man would be enough for at least one premeditated murder charge.

Sorry Jag but you still don't get it----------- these are policemen's sons,pure and simplecoffee1.gif

Armed with dangerous weapons too...

"Police have said that there is not sufficient evidence to support a charge of premeditated murder."

This should be up to prosecutor, not the cops, to decide.

maybe they didn't practice Vipassana before the crime, hence it was not "premeditated"? (sorry, didn't want to help myself)

Did they charge the girl because someone has to go down, and she doesn't have BIB parents? Are Thai men incapable of making decisions if their honey pot encourages them? "Oh, okay honey, I guess I have to do it because you told me to"

"Police have said that there is not sufficient evidence to support a charge of premeditated murder."

This should be up to prosecutor, not the cops, to decide.

maybe they didn't practice Vipassana before the crime, hence it was not "premeditated"? (sorry, didn't want to help myself)

Did they charge the girl because someone has to go down, and she doesn't have BIB parents? Are Thai men incapable of making decisions if their honey pot encourages them? "Oh, okay honey, I guess I have to do it because you told me to"

interestingly in thailand the police gather evidence and then determine what crimes have been committed. the case is then handed over to the prosecutor. i was caught with the wrong address in my work permit. 2 years later when the case was passed over to the prosecutor i was charged for not having any work permit. my lawyer said it was just easier to along with it than fight it.

Premeditated means they planned to kill a certain person, This is spontaneous but still murder, They would easily get off, if they were charged with premeditated murder

I don't think anybody but the assailants know if it was spontaneous or not, it is curious that they had knives with them. What was the excuse for that?

I wonder if the 7 are still in the remand jail, I know there has been a bit of a delay in getting to this point, and enough other disgracefulness for these to get some bail granted without the media getting wind of it.

Either way this group of idiots deserve the maximum sentence, and i'd personally prefer to see them rot for 50 years in a cell than get the needle. I'd be surprised however if they do more than a decade inside though, even that would pushing it I feel through. Very sad case

A decade ? I would be surprised if they got more than a slap on the wrist and a request not to do it again :(

Police papa please, please help us.

Solly, Solly, this hendikepped vendor guy attacked on us.

We want compensation also from his family.

We were scared so much.

Papa, Papa, dear Police papa protect as well as usually.