Dhammakaya followers are ready to return 400 million baht to Klongchan Credit Union if…

webfact

I don't follow the temple. I'm just arguing against the hypocrisy of this government and other Buddhists. If that statement is true there is a hell of a lot of other money out there that needs to be accounted for and people who need to face jail for accepting it. If someone gave be 10,000 baht I would question where it came from. Thais who took money need to face charges no matter what organization they work for. If there are member of the Thai red cross or others who received funds those folks need to be arrested too. Of course there are some Thai organizations which are immune from prosecution. In this case, the people should at least know that they received funds. Stop the hypocrisy. Stop calling the temple a scam because all Thai temples are scams. That's all. I've always thought the temple was a cult and its leader weird with his lipstick. There are a lot of pathetic people like this man in Thailand in my view. Some of them no doubt those complaining about Wat Dhammakaya worship. Stop and look at your hypocrisy.

This is known as the "Johnny did it too" defence.

All I am saying is lets hear who else took money. What organizations. Lets condemn cult mentality which is the root of all Thailand's ignorance. This 'monk' is just one person who used it. Thaksin used it and of course other powerful people in Thailand use it. Because people in Thailand and some expats are willing to accept lies or are easily brainwashed, this is what Thailand sees again and again. The 'justice' you claim is being thwarted was never just. Believing that the system is fair means you too are some sort brainwashed cult members. Sorry folks my belief in Thailand's great lies has passed. This is all about thuggery of the present group. There's no real honesty by those involved in the system. You go after the liar or abuser at the moment but turn you heads to the grand corruption in the nation. The temple needs to be looked into but if there can't be equal justice and investigations and openness for all wrongdoers, this is just political and abusive. Just hypocrisy as usual in Thai-style.

A post containing content from Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Its real credible.. 1billion baht from 1 party and the abbot does not know about it. cheesy.gif

I still think its about laundering money giving the money to the Abbot and getting it back in an other way. It just does not make sense any other way to defraud a billion baht and give it away without getting money back yourself one way or an other.

This abbot is corrupt because nobody will believe he did not know that a billion baht of donation came from this guy.

it would be credible if the donation money were under the temples name / joint bank account of board of director / manager. But the were billions under the monks own personal account, violating the very one of the first rule of being a monk!

"it should be known that monks in general look younger than their age". You might fool a few foreign correspondents with that rubbish but you just blew all credibility otherwise ....

I don't follow the temple. I'm just arguing against the hypocrisy of this government and other Buddhists. If that statement is true there is a hell of a lot of other money out there that needs to be accounted for and people who need to face jail for accepting it. If someone gave be 10,000 baht I would question where it came from. Thais who took money need to face charges no matter what organization they work for. If there are member of the Thai red cross or others who received funds those folks need to be arrested too. Of course there are some Thai organizations which are immune from prosecution. In this case, the people should at least know that they received funds. Stop the hypocrisy. Stop calling the temple a scam because all Thai temples are scams. That's all. I've always thought the temple was a cult and its leader weird with his lipstick. There are a lot of pathetic people like this man in Thailand in my view. Some of them no doubt those complaining about Wat Dhammakaya worship. Stop and look at your hypocrisy.

And you seem to be ignoring one specific point - the fact that the funds were stolen from innocent genuine depositors, many put their meagre savings and retirement payouts into the credit union believing it was legal, safe and a way to make some legitimate small gains on their deposits.

Money which they have since needed for a number of years to survive, but it was stolen by the administrators and given to 'the monk'. How can you say it's not a scam?

These depositors are entitled to proper justice on top of return of their money plus interest.

Whether there are other temples and monks also involved in scams (and there probably are) is not the point, the trusting depositors are entitled to proper justice and any attempt to stop them receiving justice, because buddhism has problems or for any other reason is gross, it's immoral, it's totally unfair.

Edited by scorecard

And you seem to be ignoring one specific point - the fact that the funds were stolen from innocent genuine depositors, many put their meagre savings and retirement payouts into the credit union believing it was legal, safe and a way to make some legitimate small gains on their deposits.

Money which they have since needed for a number of years to survive, but it was stolen by the administrators and given to 'the monk'. How can you say it's not a scam?

These depositors are entitled to proper justice on top of return of their money plus interest.

Whether there are other temples and monks also involved in scams (and there probably are) is not the point, the trusting depositors are entitled to proper justice and any attempt to stop them receiving justice, because buddhism has problems or for any other reason is gross, it's immoral, it's totally unfair.

I'm not ignoring any point. If there was a crime then prosecute. By the statement about the missing funds "Less than 10% of the illicit funds were given to Wat Phra Dhammakaya in the form of donations." So where are the other 90%. Who is being prosecuted to collect those. Let's hear some names and organizations of those being prosecuted to return the vast amount which was stolen. Do you have the names that I seek? Why is only this temple mentioned? Something is not right. Are those investigating the investors' embezzeled funds doing their job or are they protecting some of the receivers of this missing money? Just tell me where the rest is and who has it. Where is it? Who has it?

Edited by Alive

I'm not ignoring any point. If there was a crime then prosecute. By the statement about the missing funds "Less than 10% of the illicit funds were given to Wat Phra Dhammakaya in the form of donations." So where are the other 90%. Who is being prosecuted to collect those. Let's hear some names and organizations of those being prosecuted to return the vast amount which was stolen. Do you have the names that I seek? Why is only this temple mentioned? Something is not right. Are those investigating the investors' embezzeled funds doing their job or are they protecting some of the receivers of this missing money? Just tell me where the rest is and who has it. Where is it? Who has it?

Who says the 10% is right.. that is what the temple is saying. The same people who helped embezzle the money and you trust them ? You should look up the court-case against the guy who ren the union and see how much money was lost then you can see if 10% is right or not. What i remember the amount the temple stole almost accounts for it all. But I could be wrong. But if your really serious just look the information on that court-case up instead of believing what the thieves them-self are saying.

I am saying that the temple was one of the main players involved in this scam, they still have to prosecute others but this temple is one of the major players. I don't see the problem of going after this temple because it makes sense to go after those that can pay it back. It makes no sense chasing shadows if you can't get money back.

Now others will have to be punished too but these guys are one of the first because money can be gotten back. Seems totally logical to me. You probably like the abbot and his friend in Dubai so you think he should go free.

Well you sideline my point very quickly.

Nobody is suggesting that others who received funds (if they did) should not also be prosecuted.

But with items like theft on this scale any and all prosecutions should proceed.

I hope your not suggesting that the monk / temple prosecution should not proceed because it would unfair!

Go ahead proceed but tell the people the whole story. But if there is a massive amount of money out there, that sitll needs to be accounted for let us know where it is. Doesn't anyone have an official list of the funds missing and where they supposedly went. Will the passion to catch the other perpetrators or receivers of the funds be shamed in the papers? If not, this will turn out to be another case of abuse by those in power. I understand westerners feelings toward cults and the fanaticism towards seeing them ended. I'm all for ending the corruption, brainwashing and hypocrisy. Too often people point fingers at this temple while collectively all Buddhist institutions in Thailand are loaded with corruption. How many non-Dhammakaya monks shamed the other Buddhist institution in Thailand this year? Hundreds probably. And how much temple money from the mainstream 'Buddhist' temples came from crime or was misused? Was that famous monk at the golden mount temple arrested and jailed? Or did he get the elite's special pass?

Go arrest the monk but arrest the rest and stop the other cults in Thailand that brainwash.