Malaysian driver acts dumb as he replaces clamped wheel with the spare

webfact

I never thought of changing the tire. But I also would never have counted on Thais calling the cops.

Well you can forget about changing a tire when you 've got a european wheelclamp. This must be a Thai version of them.

But i noticed the Thai police doesn't put any stickers on a car when they clamp ir. Sometimes they even use a small chain on the wheel.

So if you're not aware the car is clamped you might be in for a surprise.

Oh also i've seen security lifting/,moving a motorcycle which was parked wrong, they had a big towtruck for that. Another time i saw parkingsecurity in a mall who moved a hydraulic jack on wheels under a car to move it. They started lifting it under the engine but it cracked and all oil spoiled on the floor. Later i saw them with the owner and many other people arguing about who had to pay all damage done.

Bet they wouldnt have clamped the car if it had Thai plates on it...

Yes they would have, I've been clamped before. However, there is a reason the police in border areas like to catch Lao/Malaysian vehicles rather than Thais. Easy money - since traffic cameras can't capture foreign plates and send fines to their home addresses (so far at least) the police need to fine traffic offenders by using good old police work. Fines are to be paid in cash.

I've been on the receiving end - when I was driving a Lao registration near the border. Now driving my Thai plated vehicle, no problems.

I never thought of changing the tire. But I also would never have counted on Thais calling the cops.

Well you can forget about changing a tire when you 've got a european wheelclamp. This must be a Thai version of them.

But i noticed the Thai police doesn't put any stickers on a car when they clamp ir. Sometimes they even use a small chain on the wheel.

So if you're not aware the car is clamped you might be in for a surprise.

Oh also i've seen security lifting/,moving a motorcycle which was parked wrong, they had a big towtruck for that. Another time i saw parkingsecurity in a mall who moved a hydraulic jack on wheels under a car to move it. They started lifting it under the engine but it cracked and all oil spoiled on the floor. Later i saw them with the owner and many other people arguing about who had to pay all damage done.

Actually, the place a note under your windscreen wipers.

Anyway, what's the big deal here, you find the police station and pay a fine of like 200 Baht to get the clamps removed. Yes, you can bargain the fine down. They usually don't put an amount down on the fine notice (and even if they do you can still bargain it down). One time I was clamped in the Khao San road area (don't normally go there, but anyway) got fined 300 Baht, bargained it down to 200. Done deal.

Cars parking willy-nilly can be exasperating, but the vendor grassing the guy to the cops is bad form. Nobody likes a snitch.

nobody likes an inconsiderate arhole either. Nice 'key customization' down the side of the offenders pride and joy is fair justice. They're normally serial offenders anyway.

Or piss takers. Like Mr.. Melayu here.

Edited by dhream

removing (or damaging) the clamp that carries a penalty of up to three months in jail

Yet you can drive recklessly without a license, kill and injure multiple people and end up with community service. blink.png
Once again I refer you to citizens justice when the corrupt state is unwilling to act.

I leave the penalty for the unpunished death of multiple people to your own imagination.

Edited by dhream