90-day Reporting

Hi, I am sure this question has been posed before, but could find it doing a search:

I have to do my 90-day reporting at the end of the month at the latest, but it would be more convenient for me to do it now, almost two weeks before the deadline. Is this "too early" for immigration or okay with them?

Thanks in advance :-)

Too early. Plus/minus 7 days is the requirement. You could do it by mail if that would be easier.

Notification by registered mail

Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, ROOM 206

IMMIGRATION BUREAU,

507 SOI SUANPLU,SOUTH SATHORN RD.,

THUNGMAHAMEK SATHORN

BANGKOK. 10120

Hi, I am sure this question has been posed before, but could find it doing a search:

I have to do my 90-day reporting at the end of the month at the latest, but it would be more convenient for me to do it now, almost two weeks before the deadline. Is this "too early" for immigration or okay with them?

Thanks in advance :-)

My understanding is that they will only allow 7 days ahead of the designated date.

Regardless, as far as I am aware you can report at any Immigration Bureau in the Kingdom, so there should not be a problem.

I did it 10 days before in BKK last time, and nobody commented on it. Like Noel I have read here that the previous +/- 7 days have been changed to the 7 days UP to the date only - I.e. not 7 days after - but my only source of that is this wild and wolly board! :o

Cheers!

The below was copied from Immigration web site one minute ago. Do not believe it has been changed as no mention was made at my last report (which admittedly was early).

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

A question for you guys..

I was on a spouse visa for a couple of years and am now on a work visa. During my few years stay in LOS I've never did the 90 day reporting thing and never had that issue brought up at immigration.

How does this affect me or anyone who does not report? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to reporting?

thanks.

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be

punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for

each day which passes until the law is complied with.

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the

following :

1. Shall not engage in the occupation or temporary or employment unless authorized by the

Director General. or competent official deputized by the Director General . If , in any case , there is a law

concerning alien employment provided hereafter , the granting of work privileges must comply with the

law concerned.

2. Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason

that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official

of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place.

3. Shall notify the police official of the local police station where such alien resides, within twenty

– four hours from the time of arrival. In the case of change in residence in which new residence is not

located the same area with the former police stations , such alien must notify the police official of the

police station for that area within twenty – four hours from the time of arrival.

4. If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such

alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time

of arrival.

5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the

competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as

possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is

an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

The provision of ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) shall not apply to any cases under Section 34 by any conditions as

prescribed by the Director General.

In making notification under this Section , the alien may make notification in person or send a

letter of notification to the competent official , in accordance with the regulations prescribed by the

Director General .

Yes. Many. But most fines have only been 2,000 baht to date.

I can validate that. Yesterday, first time in 6 years was late, about 20 days. Was advised pay 2000 baht this time, next time would be 5000 bah. I said thank you, won't be a next time.

:o