Clarrification On Non Imm O (in-country)- A Little Confused !

Dear Forum

I recently visited Imm 1 @ Sathorn as my VOA was due to expire. I asked for a Non Imm O on the basis of marriage, as I have been married now seven years and had previous 1 Year Non Imm O visas issued at Thai Embassies out-country.

They gave me a three month extension and said that when I enter Thailand again, Immigration will stamp 1 Year Non Imm O, of which I paid baht 2,000 and blue receipt. They also said I will require a re-entry permit before departing.

I'm a little confused as Imm 1 was not very helpful and didn't have time to answer my questions as I have always been used to complying with the simple 1 Year Non (multi-entry) Imm O Visa (Marriage).

I don't stay in-country Thailand for the complete year, I visit for 2/3 months, and go elsewhere for the same amount of time. Therefore, will I require a Multiple re-entry permit before leaving, or a Single ????????????

And, as Imm 1 said, when I return will Immigration on the point of arrival stamp my passport with a One Year Non Imm O visa (Multiple entry).

I thank you in anticipation, and apologise if one sounds a little stupid.

Kind regards FongV

Believe you have a single entry non immigrant O visa and can stay 90 days. If you obtain a re entry permit and return before those 90 days expire you will be allowed to continue until that time.

You are expected to extend your stay at immigration (not with a foreign trip/return) during the last 30 days of this 90 day stay. That will require proof of 40k family income and wife will have to be with you with her ID items. You will not obtain a mutli entry non immigration O visa from immigration. What you can obtain, if you meet the qualifications, is the yearly extension of stay and they you can apply for re entry permits to keep it alive while you are outside of Thailand.

If this is not want you want you must go to a Consulate such as Singapore of Kuala Lumpur to obtain a multi entry non immigration O visa as you seem to have done in the past.