Too good to be 'true' promotion?

peeba7

Set up on Soi Bhoakow (spelling?) is true move 'selling' phones, however not only does the phone have the amount you paid phone calling credit, it has a huge bonus calling credit. They have three models, the most expensive cost 1,090 but you get the phone, 1090 credit plus 4000 bonus credit. Too good to be true? Apparently AIS and DTAC also have promotions but in-shop only. Is anyone familiar with the ais and dtac offers and how long all three will be offering such good deals? I think they are coming back Saturday, not sure about after that. Any info please? This might be an excellent opportunity to upgrade or switch providers.

1- these phones are entry-level, rebranded no-name cheap Chinese stuff, not all are bad but depending on your expectations and experience with higher range models you might be bitterly disappointed

2- they're simlocked, you can't use them with another operator

3- these credits and bonuses are vastly misleading, read the fine print. You need to top up your account regularly, under certain conditions and up to a certain (fairly high) level to get the benefits of these. It's not like to buy your phone and you have thousands of bahts of free communications to use without the need to top up at all. You will get more than what you pay for top-up.

Thanks, yes true is terrible, but if the other companies are offering similar deals, it might be a good opp to change carriers. Any info on the non-true move promotions and what is the 'catch' or the fine print limitations as mentioned here?

All the three majors AIS, DTAC and True have more or less the same offers with these cheap bundled phones.

Conditions don't vary a lot. Dont get fooled by the thousands of "free" comms and internet.

You'll get some free call time and internet, just not worth thousands of bahts. That's BS.

Which does not mean that it could not be something to consider if your usage pattern matches what is required to get these benefits and you can do with an entry-level, simlocked phone.

I know people who are happy buyers of the AIS offer with a Lava phone.

I concur that True would really be my 3rd choice here. AIS and DTAC give much better service IMHO.

Off topic, sorry, can not resist tongue.png

Set up on Soi Bhoakow (spelling?)

Soi Bua Khao (white lotus "road").

An "English" transcription would be: bua kăao

I will add Bhokaow to my growing ollection:

Bouakao Buakhaw Buakaow Boycow Buakhow Bukhao Bukow Bukaew Bokhao Bokhow Bhoakow

Off topic, sorry, can not resist tongue.png

Set up on Soi Bhoakow (spelling?)

Soi Bua Khao (white lotus "road").

An "English" transcription would be: bua kăao

I will add Bhokaow to my growing ollection:

Bouakao Buakhaw Buakaow Boycow Buakhow Bukhao Bukow Bukaew Bokhao Bokhow Bhoakow

So true. I have seen most of these.

My friend bought a small Truemove smart phone from the stall 2 days ago for 290 baht. It came with free credit too. All he wanted was a phone that he could use to have contact with his friends with while in Thailand for 2 Months. It is perfect for that.

!. It is not setup in English.........had to get someone to do that

2. Menu is basic to the point of difficult to do things

3. Small screen Only 3.5" I think

4. Can not interchange sims from other companies

But it does the job of contact with friends and that's all he wants it for, so a good deal really. It beats carrying around a 20K baht smart phone and being exposed to the risk of losing or having it stolen or spilling water or beer on it.

Archived