How To Get A Streetlight Redirected

quandow

I live in the Jomtien Metro Condotel and have asked for months to get a streetlight pointed down just a bit. I tried asking the Condotel management to deal with this (and in their defense, they have put their best foot forward) but no one wants to deal with it. This particular streetlight is like a broken tooth, out of place and not very important, but it splays light to the point where I have to close curtains at night or else I get a sunburn.

I am willing to pay well to have this taken care of - nothing illegal, just to place it as a priority.

Can somebody here give me a point of contact to remedy this situation?

Have a Thai call Cityhall 1317 and explain. They usually follow up within days with such requests. Good luck. MS>

Take a picture of issue, then go yourself with a print out etc, to 3rd floor City hall. go into main office, (1st desk on left) look lost and they will help you. They are very good there, I go with cable issues, drainage, rubbish etc..good service.

If you had taken the matter into your own hands and smashed it with a catapult shot it would have remained broken/darkened for years.

Unfortunately you have made the cardinal mistake of "revealing your concerns".

You will now be the first suspect when somebody else (who was quietly waiting for the right moment) anonymously and discreetly "adjusts" it.

I moved into a place and discovered my new bedroom was lit up like a 7-11 at night from a security light on the patio.

After I informed the landlord, instead of turning off the light, he nailed a blue tarp over my bedroom window. Now my bed room was bright blue at night. Nice.

I removed the bulb...he put it back, I took it out again and he added several more! The neighbors all warned me the guy was nuts.

I did a little dirty work to his electrical system (just for fun). He had the maid set up the barbecue under my window. We went to war for a little while.

He was doing voodoo in my backyard at one point I think.

Have a Thai call Cityhall 1317 and explain. They usually follow up within days with such requests. Good luck. MS>

Take a picture of issue, then go yourself with a print out etc, to 3rd floor City hall. go into main office, (1st desk on left) look lost and they will help you. They are very good there, I go with cable issues, drainage, rubbish etc..good service.

They must love it when they see you coming

If no suggestion here above works:

• let your Mrs drive the pickup backwards and... oops!
  • cut the yellow wire of the photo switch... or is it the white one? Better let your Mrs cut it...
  • move your bed in an other room

wink.png

Archived