Reasonable Price For Oil Massage In Bkk?

seeker108

Would be nice to know where one could get a decent oil massage for a reasonable price here. I am not wanting any "extra service". Just a nice quality oil massage.

Any suggestions?

As pointed out in another thread somewhere, oil massages are much easier and require less training (really almost none). In some ways it seems unreasonable that they should be more costly than a Thai massage. But I guess it is the difference between a necessity and a luxury. You always pay more for luxuries and somehow oil massages have come to be viewed as luxuries (and I suppose if one is going for "extra services" that would clearly be the case).

Though oil massages are actually extremely theraputic when the right oils are used and when applied correctly.

Here is an interesting comparison. Up in Chiang Mai you can fairly easily find places where oil massages cost 200 baht per hour (sure you can more easily find them for much more as well). I even found a shop that charged 150 baht (definitely a theraputic place with just one oldish and spiritual seeming lady). And once I really needed some serious theraputic massage and had a professional private nurse come to my house for 2 to 4 hours a day for 10 days and she charged 50 baht per hour (and she was moderately young (early 30s) and reasonably attractive. Go figure. Here in BKK the cheapest I have seen so far is 400 baht per hour.

Anyway, the main question is right now, tonight, where in BKK can I find a good oil massage for a non-luxury price? (I'd even go to a hospital if going to a professional place like that would lower the cost.) :o

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind if the therapist/masseuse is attractive. :D:D

300-500 THB is going rate

Many places like that in CNX as well. Even have seen 800 baht and up in CNX. I was just hoping there may be some 200 baht places down here as well, that some of you might know about. Might even be worth knowing what areas one might find 300 baht per hour oil massages.

300-500 THB is going rate

Many places like that in CNX as well. Even have seen 800 baht and up in CNX. I was just hoping there may be some 200 baht places down here as well, that some of you might know about. Might even be worth knowing what areas one might find 300 baht per hour oil massages.

The price is only Reasonable if the job is done correctly. I had a few oil massages in LOS Phuket last time I was there and it is a case of you get what you pay for - the better masseuses (ie. age around late 30's/early 40's in service 10-15 years) Do work in the better establishments and 300-500 is average for these I found. Personally I couldn't care less how 'pretty' they were as long as they 'hit the spot' so to speak (and that was not a double entendre).

Oil Massages done correctly are very therapeutic and relaxing. I was hooked on em last time I was there! :o

Here goes: Can't remember the price, but cheap: in Suk Soi 11. Go in to Soi 11 and take a righ at the Swiss Park Inn...the Soi then doubles back towards Suk, past Narry tailor ( a good place for good quality by the way) and the crumbling Comfort Inn. On the left there is :o a massage place: good service and they know what they are doing. Avoid the massage place on the right (hairdressser and massage) as they always expect extras for a large tip.

Also , said to be very theraputic is this place: http://www.love-teen.net/pickup.php and having viewed a spa in Chang Mai the treatment is really very good....and a genuine treatment. ..(who cares?

On the right a bit further down the Soi is Maxims, great place for a meal.

Hope this helps.

aussiecollin

Went to Sukhumvit soi 22 today. Got great oil massage for 250 baht at a place called Lek (girl's name was Lee). No attempt at "extra services" at all. Saw several other places in that general area for same price and half looked to be just massage places and half seemed clearly to be offering more for those who wanted it.

For those wanting Thai massage great place on small soi off of soi 22 (opp Regency hotel) called Hutthasat (300 baht for 2 hours)