60th birthday

Happy 60th. thumbsup.gif

Fortunately I still have a few decades to go before celebrating that milestone.

One thing is clear though, I would not like to be 60 and not own my own property and have a decent dependable income to fall back on. Enjoy those golden years with Zero stress. thumbsup.gif

yep, did that one a few years ago, just another birthday, think 50 was probably a bigger event. Just remember it is not the numbers that count but how you feel/think inside yourself, there are 60 year olds that look and act like old farts then there are 60 year olds that look younger as well as act it, I know which one I prefer. Mate, just enjoy yourself and do whatever you feel like doing, thais dont seem to really celebrate birthdays so it is up to you, maybe your missus will give you a birthday surprise too but just being happy and enjoying each others company is pretty special to them as well, happy birthday.

I'm with you Seajae,

About to celebrate my, as i call it 59 + 1 birthday, in a couple of months, and definitely in the 'not acting one's age group,'

My partner has organised a special present for us to celebrate together, we will be flying to Northern Europe & spending 4 nights in one of our favourite hotels before we go onboard a cruise ship for a 2 week cruise down the Iberian Peninsula then a further 4 nights in the Eternal city before we head home, a special dinner has been suggested for the day.

I'm very much looking forward to the celebration & seeing new destinations through my special someones eyes will make it all the more memorable.

Regards,

CANDA.

I suppose it's nice for some folks to show off with lavish occasions but personally with a couple of real friends and family and a few bottles I had a great laugh for my 70th and80th. Roll on next yearclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

yep, did that one a few years ago, just another birthday, think 50 was probably a bigger event. Just remember it is not the numbers that count but how you feel/think inside yourself, there are 60 year olds that look and act like old farts then there are 60 year olds that look younger as well as act it, I know which one I prefer. Mate, just enjoy yourself and do whatever you feel like doing, thais dont seem to really celebrate birthdays so it is up to you, maybe your missus will give you a birthday surprise too but just being happy and enjoying each others company is pretty special to them as well, happy birthday.

I'm with you Seajae,

About to celebrate my, as i call it 59 + 1 birthday, in a couple of months, and definitely in the 'not acting one's age group,'

My partner has organised a special present for us to celebrate together, we will be flying to Northern Europe & spending 4 nights in one of our favourite hotels before we go onboard a cruise ship for a 2 week cruise down the Iberian Peninsula then a further 4 nights in the Eternal city before we head home, a special dinner has been suggested for the day.

I'm very much looking forward to the celebration & seeing new destinations through my special someones eyes will make it all the more memorable.

Regards,

CANDA.

I suppose it's nice for some folks to show off with lavish occasions but personally with a couple of real friends and family and a few bottles I had a great laugh for my 70th and80th. Roll on next yearclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Thanks SO MUCH for your enthusiasm....enjoy your next 'whatever' birthday, I presume as memorable as all your other ones I reckon................

Regards,

CANDA.xx

• 7 months later...

dunno...musta been in Hanoi about that time...just another day, hadta get up an go to work the next morning...

birthdays ceased to have any significance a long time ago...

one thing I do remember is that about that time they were building a new wing to an existing primary school that I had a view of outside my 4th floor balcony door...painted it the the mustard yellow color of all gov't buildings in VN...

I came back to the same room after a year in the provinces  (it was a company account and they always gave us the same rooms, which was cool by me as it was a nice room) and the new school wing was filled with shouting, active children and that made me smile...

if you've ever walked past a primary school during playground recess and the associated din you know what I mean...

Edited by tutsiwarrior