EC warns of action against campaigns to vote yes/no in public referendum

webfact

EC warns of action against campaigns to vote yes/no in public referendum

ec.jpg

BANGKOK, 27 June 2016 (NNT) - The Election Commission has warned those responsible for campaigns to encourage the public to vote one way or another in the public referendum on August 7, to beware of legal action.

Election Commissioner Somchai Srisutthiyakorn said that some groups of people have been found distributing a sample of the referendum ballot paper with an X marked in the box of their choice, through both online media and physical distribution.

Mr. Somchai warned that such an activity is construed as an attempt to mislead the public who may have the impression that the EC is behind it.

He added that those responsible for activity of this kind are violating the Public Referendum Act while calling for an end to the distribution of such a material.

He went on to say that the EC has identified some movements, which recommend voters simply mark an X without reading the questions, and is worried that the public may be encouraged to pay no attention to the matters being presented for a decision in the referendum. It's feared some voters may fail to acquire a thorough understanding of the referendum process after being mislead in this way.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-27 footer_n.gif

If they are mislead because they fail to understand this then they should not be voting on it at all. Their is also some concern that they are telling people to only look at the major items and not the details. This leaves too many unknowns that they are not wanting to disclose openly to the public.

Will all the members of the uniformed Prayut Youth being out to spread the word about the referendum and the need to vote refrain from hinting how ?

If asked the direction question have they been told not to answer other than by ' it's your vote ' ?

Unlikely !

During the referendum you want the public to be: self-confident and unaffected by influence, astute and understanding political observers, determined to selflessly decide what's best for the country.

After the referendum you want the public to revert to timid and controlled citizens who dare not question or criticize.

"You can't always get what you want." Mick

Oh gawd, Somchai the gargoyle hasn't seen his grimacing picture in the papers for 6 days, He's missing the buzz.

Someone give the guy a pat on the head for goodness' sake, Tell him he's worthwhile.

Because, deep down, he knows he isn't.

Muppet.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

The Election Commission's hypocrisy, and the photo of this particular member, make me want to throw up.

Mind if I join you?

Think I will too. I wasn't going to but I accidentally looked at his picture twice this morning. Everything has it's limits...

Winnie

Makes one wonder...has the outcome of the public referendum already been decided? Is all of this bickering and jockeying for position...just eye-wash to keep up the ruse?