June 29, 201610 yr Due to food poisoning, I wasn't able to make it to immigration yesterday, when my 30 day visa exemption expired. I had planned to extend the exemption for an additional 30 days. My question is, can I go tomorrow and still ask for the extension and pay an over-stay charge for being a day late, or is my visa considered null, and therefore no longer eligible for extension? I would appreciate if someone could let me know what my options are - if I still have a chance of being granted an extension or if I'm forced to make a last minute visa run. Many thanks! (Oh, and I'm in Chiang Mai in case it matters).
June 29, 201610 yr You don't have a visa. Your permission to stay has expired, but as you qualify for an extension of stay, and if you pay the overstay fee (500 / day), they should still give you the extension tomorrow.
June 29, 201610 yr Author Thanks for clarifying - I wasn't sure if there would be any leniency given that it will only be one day. I'll go apply tomorrow and hope for the best. Cheers!
June 30, 201610 yr Dont want to hijack but a very similar situation On Visa Exempt which runs out this sunday, may have to make some quick decisions Was planning to go tomorrow to Immi But if i decide not go tomorrow & go Monday instead will that be a problem since it was a weekend
June 30, 201610 yr Dont want to hijack but a very similar situation On Visa Exempt which runs out this sunday, may have to make some quick decisions Was planning to go tomorrow to Immi But if i decide not go tomorrow & go Monday instead will that be a problem since it was a weekend If you go on Monday they will give you an extension of stay, and you shouldn't be charged for a 1 day overstay because the office was closed when your permission to stay ended.
June 30, 201610 yr Author So, I was granted another 30 days, no problem. Just paid the 500 baht fine for overstaying and that was it. Thanks so much for the help!
Create an account or sign in to comment