Can I apply for an extension on a 1day expired visa?

Due to food poisoning, I wasn't able to make it to immigration yesterday, when my 30 day visa exemption expired. I had planned to extend the exemption for an additional 30 days. My question is, can I go tomorrow and still ask for the extension and pay an over-stay charge for being a day late, or is my visa considered null, and therefore no longer eligible for extension?

I would appreciate if someone could let me know what my options are - if I still have a chance of being granted an extension or if I'm forced to make a last minute visa run.

Many thanks!

(Oh, and I'm in Chiang Mai in case it matters).

• You don't have a visa.
  • Your permission to stay has expired, but as you qualify for an extension of stay, and if you pay the overstay fee (500 / day), they should still give you the extension tomorrow.

Dont want to hijack but a very similar situation

On Visa Exempt which runs out this sunday, may have to make some quick decisions

Was planning to go tomorrow to Immi

But if i decide not go tomorrow & go Monday instead will that be a problem since it was a weekend

Dont want to hijack but a very similar situation

On Visa Exempt which runs out this sunday, may have to make some quick decisions

Was planning to go tomorrow to Immi

But if i decide not go tomorrow & go Monday instead will that be a problem since it was a weekend

If you go on Monday they will give you an extension of stay, and you shouldn't be charged for a 1 day overstay because the office was closed when your permission to stay ended.