Jump to content

Conversion from non-immigrant B visa (with work permit) to non-immigrant O (reirement) visa

Recommended Posts

I have been living and working in Bangkok for over 15 years. I have a non-immigrant B visa and a work permit. I am planning to retire soon and want to convert my non-immigrant B visa to a retirement visa.

Can the visa be converted within Thailand (without the need to exit the country and return on a tourist visa)? It seems this may not be possible.

I have complied with the 800000 baht rule and have a letter from my bank.

Also, I own my condominium and have all paperwork in respect of that.

Has anyone had recent experience converting to a retirement visa? Did you exit the country and return on a tourist visa? What kind of tourist visa did you get? 

Also, can you recommend a visa agent?

I am aware of the "special" services Thai Via Centre provide.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You will be starting retirement from scratch so you will either have to prove that 800,000 came from overseas, or you can provide the tax return from last year ( or i would think also possibly the year before) to prove money earned over 800,000 a year to the bank.

I am in a similar situation and went to chaeng wattana to ask them about the 800,000. They said the last earnings tax return will do it.

You could use an agent to help.

I do not know any.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...